New Channels 340 (FSFL) and 341 (FSFLHD)

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Surfing for something to watch. I noticed 2 new chnnels in my guide. No info on both. Tune it in and it says "call Voom for upgrade" I have VaVaVoom so I ssume that have not tuned them on yet, or it's Fox Sports Florida and I am in Ohio so I won't get them.

Either way there they are.

My account has been showing that I'm supposed to be getting Fox Sports Florida, it was active in my PG before then it died out, but it still listed in my account when I check online.

I'm in Florida and I actually do get programming on 340. On 341 I get the call Voom for upgrade message.

kawdog said:
Yes, this is what I assumed. First the Olympics and now this, I think I need to move.

kaw

kaw,
I just got letter today from VOOM today explaining the Olympics channel fiasco. (didn't the Olympics start LAST Friday??)
It said the same thing as the email.

These are regional sports channels. Most of these are only available in the area that you live. It is good that they are getting the HD version as well. This could only benefit everyone. If VOOM gets them all, they can offer MLB Extra Inning, NBA LP, and Hockey in HD.

How in the world are they going to have enough bandwith to put on the HD RSN for every market ? Wouldn't that use up most of the new satellite space they just rented ? If so, they may not be able to put on new HD channels as they debut. Right ?

THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!
THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!
THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!

Today I had some programming on Fox Sports Florida on 340.. tonight I'm watching the MARLINS game in HD on Fox Sports Florida HD?! I didn't even know they HAD an HD Channel.. OH MY GOD, it's like having a wet dream, waking up and having another one.

jclampit are you in Florida?

Man I had no idea Fox had the ability to transmit games like this, it must be in 1080i this game is SHARP.

Yes both are, but 341 is the HD simulcast of 340.. right now it's Marlins vs Padres in HD, no PG info, stumbled on it by accident tonight... freaking amazing...

I'm watching 341 NOW. Of course, it must be somekind of mistake since I'm in Portland, Oregon :D
Anybody else enjoying such "mistake"?

Well 341 turned right off after the HD broadcast was finished, still getting 340. 341 Now says call to upgrade and there still "no info" for the programming on both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)