New Channels Discovered

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I found my very first FTA channels this afternoon using my new Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver and a Phase III DirecTV dish and Triple LNB.

They are three channels from Miami Florida (Ch 7, Ch 10 and Ch 4) on Echostar 7. They are listed as scrambled on LyngSat, but came in clear by doing a blind search.

I am so excited!!! The video quality is excellent!!!

OK, on to do more searching. :)

only available within the spot beam........so unless you're in the S Florida area, you won't be able to get it :)

Most DMA's in Wisconisn are on 121 (Echo9)
Milwaukee
Madison
Eau Claire/LaCrosse
Wausau

exceptions are Northern WI (Duluth, MN DMA) and the ones near the MN border (Mpls)

I scanned 121 yesterday and only got 2 channels...the Superdish screen and one chinese channel (I think thats the language)

but I'm not stopping anyone from scanning the satellites :D

If I do a blind search, but only for fta vs fta+scrambled could I potentially miss a channel that is supposed to be $ but is actually in the clear?

Yes, there are a few channels (some of the religious ones on AMC4, for example) that show up $ or scrambled, but aren't.

Some scrambled channels will also occasionally be "in the clear" sometimes
for a fairly lengthy time. So I always do a blind search for everything.
Of course, you end up with a pretty long list of scrambled channels, especially on IA5, but you never know one of them is in the clear for awhile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts