New Channels in October

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Curtis0620 said:
Plenty coming in November (XM).

Technically they are not adding anything, they are removing the Music Choice channels and giving us different music channels.

stevendbs said:
Technically they are not adding anything, they are removing the Music Choice channels and giving us different music channels.

Taking away 36 MC channels and giving you 67 XM channels is adding over 30 channels.

Korean channel is already availble, I thought it was 72 XM stations? I also know they have locals available in savannah as of 09/29 so rockford will be following. So prob rockford in oct..

maogdamian said:
Korean channel is already availble, I thought it was 72 XM stations? I also know they have locals available in savannah as of 09/29 so rockford will be following. So prob rockford in oct..
It is 72 if you have Para Todos.

damn. I like the music channels that d* offers. I had xm for two years and I hated the music channels they offered. Damn.

I think the XM channels will be a great improvement over the current music channels.

For me, it's losing 30 channels of MusicChoice and paying the same, as I sub to XM for the vehicles & home and to DirecTV for the home. MusicChoice has no announcers and has an all-instrumentals easy listening channel (DTV #833). EchoStar's Dish kept their 50 Muzak channels when they added Sirius. Why can't DTV do the same and merely add XM and keep MC? This might just be enough of a push to cancel my DTV account.

Spruceman said:
For me, it's losing 30 channels of MusicChoice and paying the same, as I sub to XM for the vehicles & home and to DirecTV for the home. MusicChoice has no announcers and has an all-instrumentals easy listening channel (DTV #833). EchoStar's Dish kept their 50 Muzak channels when they added Sirius. Why can't DTV do the same and merely add XM and keep MC? This might just be enough of a push to cancel my DTV account.

For music channels?!

From what I understand, MusicChoice is not going anywhere. XM will be in addition to the other music channels.

The entire Detroit DMA will enjoy being the first folks to be upgraded to DIRECTV's new MPEG-2/4 equipment, which will enable them to see their network locals in HD through their DIRECTV dish.

If all goes well 11 more DMA's will be upgraded in November and 12 more by year end.

Of course, my company will be providing the new MPEG-2/4 systems to new subscribers as they sign on to DIRECTV service.

This new service will permit DIRECTV to roll-out their promised 150 new national and 1250 LIL HD channels over the next two years.

-Robert

Well, Robert, since you broached the subject, what should us current subscribers expect from the switch? Is my HD TiVo a paperweight? (I'm in NY. I assume we're in the initial roll-out? Post Detroit, of course)

dturturro said:
Well, Robert, since you broached the subject, what should us current subscribers expect from the switch? Is my HD TiVo a paperweight? (I'm in NY. I assume we're in the initial roll-out? Post Detroit, of course)

Yes, NY is the largest DMA and we should see existing DIRECTV HD customers begin to be upgraded by mid November. DIRECTV will offer the next generation HD DVR at no charge to customers who agree to a new 2 yr. programming commitment. It will not be a TiVo DVR as we already know and is scheduled for release sometime in Q1-06.

The first round of upgrades will be for the dish system and to replace all existing MPEG-2 HD STB's. HD DVR customers don't have to worry about the delayed release of the new MPEG-2/4 HD DVR as DIRECTV will not interrupt the HD MPEG-2 stream for at least two years.

All is OK and just be a little more patient as the best is yet to come.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
This new service will permit DIRECTV to roll-out their promised 150 new national and 1250 LIL HD channels over the next two years.

-Robert
Just exactly what ARE these 150 new national HD channels?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
It will not be a TiVo DVR as we already know and is scheduled for release sometime in Q1-06.
-Robert

Any idea how the DVR features will work? Will they be like TiVo or like E*'s lame attempt at name based recording?

My brother lives in the Detroit Metro Area, and he hasn't heard anything about the MPEG4 yet. I thought they had to launch the other Sat. and do testing for a couple of months before they started any MPEG4. I doubt if anyone will see it before next year the way their going. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)