new channels

DBSOgre said:
For those of you in Tumbleweed, Montana I believe they are coming sometime in the next 3 weeks? LOL
They'll need the new "superduperdish", though. It's trapezoidal shaped, has four different types of LNB's, is 72" wide, needs a switch they haven't invented yet, and, its mount doesn't fit any standard size pipe known to man. Charlie promised it for the Columbus Day holiday, during the last Charlie Chat.

In all seriousness, usually Dish fixes the public interest channel line-up in the last couple months of the year. Even with CCTV, if it's considered a PI channel, which it doesn't seem like it is, Dish is short by like 4 or 5 public interest channels. They lost 2, and they already needed to add a few to offset all of the other additions. Public interest programming is probably in our future. New Mexico University TV or University of Alaska TV anybody? LOL

GaryPen said:
Yes. The Malaysian LaCrosse channel, Bulgarian music videos, and locals for Tumbleweed, Montana.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have more info about the launch of this "Bulgarian music videos" channel? How reliable is this information? I've also heard rumors that TV Bulgaria (previously on GlobeCast) will be added to the intl channels list. Would be really grateful if anyone can shed some light on the situation with these 2 channels.

thanks

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have more info about the launch of this "Bulgarian music videos" channel? How reliable is this information? I've also heard rumors that TV Bulgaria (previously on GlobeCast) will be added to the intl channels list. Would be really grateful if anyone can shed some light on the situation with these 2 channels.

thanks
My God..LOL...I thought that was just a joke...poking fun at what Charlie adds to the lineup...I hope I was right.

Well, since this thread was resurrected, I will post here that channel 838 MUN² is now available in AT180 and AEP. This channel has been available as part of all the Dish Latino Package since it was launched on the ashes of GEMS TV. However MUN² now consists of mostly English Language programs.

See ya
Tony

Why doesn't Dish add all the available Cinemax channels? There are 7 available, but only 5 are now carried by Dish. Doesn't seem like it would cost them anything, would it?

mitchflorida said:
Why doesn't Dish add all the available Cinemax channels? There are 7 available, but only 5 are now carried by Dish. Doesn't seem like it would cost them anything, would it?

Well, yeah it would. They don't have an agreement to do that with Cinemax. To get that agreement is gonna cost them some money. Then they have to use up transponder space to transmit them. That costs some money. They don't get any money from the consumer because it's part of the package, right? It might just make business sense to omit the extra channels. I guess if enough people wanted them, and are willing to pay for them, Dish could be persuaded to add them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)