Channel Updates

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
We have some new channels

354 Cheddar (app, in HD)
456 ESNE (same as KDOC-2 in the LA market)
564 Hallmark Drama HD (in test now, goes live Friday, according to the CE site)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The Cheddar channel just told me it requires an internet connection ..... REALLY ?
Fwiw, my internet Is connected already.

I did a reboot and now I have the channel instead of a D* logo page ...
I didn't know that Cheddar was a Business News channel.
And its an APP that you have to agree to to watch.
Really ?

After reboot, Hallmark Drama still says I have to order, which seems odd ....
Theres only 1 package above mine so I would have thought that it would have been available to me to at least LOOK at.

Like I mentioned, it told me that I needed the Internet .... which is already working on my HR44.

I'm gonna guess that the Hallmark Drama channel is part of that special HD Only package ... what a rip, to consider yourself a HD only channel and "Special" in this day and age ...
Now I would somewhat understand if it was a 4k channel.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Like I mentioned, it told me that I needed the Internet .... which is already working on my HR44.

I'm gonna guess that the Hallmark Drama channel is part of that special HD Only package ... what a rip, to consider yourself a HD only channel and "Special" in this day and age ...
Now I would somewhat understand if it was a 4k channel.
Hidden price increase

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Cheddar could be a nice add, tech and business news, but their implementation is slow and clunky, much like most of the interactive items. This really should have just been launched as two linear channels, their tech news and business news. When I used Youtube TV it operated like any other cable channel, you would never know the difference. DirecTV's implementation is far from that - it is obvious that it is an external app assigned a channel number, and can take 15+ seconds to get programming, if you do at all. My first test gave me a blank screen with a live logo and the option to press the red button for more. Less than impressive.

What channel is Chedder in?? It says I need to subscribe to it...

I’m on the XTRA package.

Considering it’s FREE on Pluto TV, that’s quite the money grab by DirecTV...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

What channel is Chedder in?? It says I need to subscribe to it...

I’m on the XTRA package.

Considering it’s FREE on Pluto TV, that’s quite the money grab by DirecTV...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have Cheddar and the Xtra package. Is your receiver connected to the Internet?

Just wondering if this new Cheddar channel (354) might be the test of a migration of existing channels off satellite and onto internet apps. This would be one way of addressing the
proliferation of streaming services in competition with satellite. One drawback is that the existing receivers can't record programming from Cheddar or other streaming such as the ESPN app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)