New Comcast HD User - Reception Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ballzo

Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
We just got comcast HD setup at the house. For the most part it worked great for a day or two then we started having signal quality issues I believe. Some SD channels will pixelate and others do not. Most of my HD channels come in good except the one that I really want. The Kings HD broadcast. The HD channel does not come in at all now and the SD broadcast is so bad I can't watch the game. Any advice and how come only some channels are affected?

I've tried a new monster gold splitter and tried cleaning up some of the un-needed cable going around the house and I haven't noticed any improvement yet and my Kings HD channel still gets no signal at all.

I've checked signal strength at times. Some times its near 100 and other times as low as 45.

We just got comcast HD setup at the house. For the most part it worked great for a day or two then we started having signal quality issues I believe. Some SD channels will pixelate and others do not. Most of my HD channels come in good except the one that I really want. The Kings HD broadcast. The HD channel does not come in at all now and the SD broadcast is so bad I can't watch the game. Any advice and how come only some channels are affected?

I've tried a new monster gold splitter and tried cleaning up some of the un-needed cable going around the house and I haven't noticed any improvement yet and my Kings HD channel still gets no signal at all.

I've checked signal strength at times. Some times its near 100 and other times as low as 45.

How many splitters are in your household currently? What bandwidth are they rated to? Do you know what kind of cabling do you have? This information will help a lot.

#1) Don't ever buy another Monster product again. You're throwing away your money for nothing but expensive marketing.
#2) Have Comcast test your signal strength at each TV. Also as per previous post by nsafreak, check to see how many cascading splitter you might be using as this can cause signal degradation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts