new credit policy?

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
I just called because my three month courtesy credit expired and I was going to ask to re-sign up again as I've been doing every three months for years now it seems. it always goes like this: 1) I ask to renew credit 2) They offer to lock in my the current price for a two year contract (more than what I would pay with the credit so not worth it) 3) I say no, so they extend the credit another three months. 4) We agree to meet up again and do it all over in 12 weeks

But this time instead of offering either a two-year contract price lock OR a 3 month extension, the guy immediately offered to simply lock in the courtesy credit amount for a year in exchange for a 12 month contract.

I grabbed it because the end result is probably the same, and unless I missed some poison pill in the disclaimer it seems fine. But I'm curious if this is new? I wonder if they figured they've already gotten everyone who is willing to take the two-year deal to do it and a year is better than no commitment? Or is there some disadvantage I'm not thinking of?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: medvyed
I was offered and took this about a year ago. I called to cancel and they talked me into a one year contract with 40/month discounts for that year to stay. Next month it’s up. We’ll see what they offer, but I’m even readier for streaming than a year ago...

I always let this sit for a few months, then get my offers from the cable, phone company, and streamers.

I have Comcast internet. They are always offering me two year deals (sometimes just one) to bundle my internet w/TV for a low rate. Phone co has deals. Streamers have deals.

I basically work out what the two year price is - and call DISH cancel line and then we negotiate. I tell them flat out, the deal is too good to pass up. I am currently getting $35 off, not as good as the two year cable deal, but it's fine.

I was offered and took this about a year ago. I called to cancel and they talked me into a one year contract with 40/month discounts for that year to stay. Next month it’s up. We’ll see what they offer, but I’m even readier for streaming than a year ago...

I always let this sit for a few months, then get my offers from the cable, phone company, and streamers.

I have Comcast internet. They are always offering me two year deals (sometimes just one) to bundle my internet w/TV for a low rate. Phone co has deals. Streamers have deals.

I basically work out what the two year price is - and call DISH cancel line and then we negotiate. I tell them flat out, the deal is too good to pass up. I am currently getting $35 off, not as good as the two year cable deal, but it's fine.

I may have jumped the gun by accepting the 2 year lock when my previous offer expired. The 1 year offer sounds better to me even though after 20 years I am not going to vacate. They have been good to me and I am satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yeah, I get it. I had same deal for one year and two year. I asked her for the one year because I am seeing my equipment start to flake out a little bit at times.....so I was concerned the equipment making it two years.....and if I am out of contract I can get my equipment replaced, or I tell them I will go elsewhere.

I may have jumped the gun by accepting the 2 year lock when my previous offer expired. The 1 year offer sounds better to me even though after 20 years I am not going to vacate. They have been good to me and I am satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)