New Customer 622, Shipped via UPS

kelton325

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Circleville, OH
I am a (completely) new Dish sub who ordered the HDSilver pack w/ a 622 on Feb. 12. Since I've been reading about so much confusion, I attempted to get order status via ceo@echostar.com. I sent 3 separate emails. With the first (on 2/24), I got an automated reply:

"Thank you for your email. Sorry that I was not able to contact you today, but I will contact you regarding your concern on Sunday since I have the next two days off. "

Never heard from him.

With the 2nd one (2/25), I did receive a response within 30 minutes:

"Thank you for your email, we had a delay in shipment on the 622’s. At this time there is no tracking number. When it generates I will forward the tracking number to you. Also the dish 1000 is included on your work order and will be installed."

Since this didn't totally answer all of my questions, and I hadn't heard anything and was just generally impatient, I sent a 3rd email on 3/1. I received this response about 19 hours later:

"Here is the tracking number of the 622 shipment, [XXXXXXXXXXXXXX]. Your install is schedule for March 11, from 12 to 5pm."

The tracking # is in the UPS system, although I couldn't see the weight anywhere (I assume I'm not getting an empty box as a totally new sub). I'll cross my fingers that they didn't ship the wrong unit.

One interesting item was that the reply to third email came from the same person who responded to my 2nd email. In the email thread, you could see where another support person forwarded it to the person who promised to send me the tracking #. I've read alot of gripes about the CSR Notes not being entered or getting ignored, but I guess I feel alot better now that they can connect the dots (well, at least with the exec CSR's anyway).

All in all, good news! I SHOULD BE getting my 622 and I AM on for my install on 3/11. And, even though I am a new sub, I am getting my 622 via UPS, not the installer (unless he shows up with one too).

I have received so much useful information from this forum, I hope this is helpful to someone else.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your experience so far. Please let us know how the install goes and your impression of the 622.

I also have one on order. Scheduled for a 3/15 install. I haven't emailed Dish about the tracking number -- wish they would do it automatically without having to request it.

So far, something quite unexpected has happened with my order. I called Dish in an attempt to switch one of my premium movie packages, and the CSR said I shouldn't because it would change my install date. :confused: This makes no sense, since I was not trying to change my basic package of AT180+Locals. I don't see how changing movie packages has anything to do with installing a 622, but I didn't argue with the CSR, probably just doing what he was told (or thinks he was told).

Based on other's experiences with the 622, I expect problems -- especially since it has not been out very long.

To minimize install complications, I am adding my own Dish 300 for the 129 satellite. I'm in California, and I read that the Dish 1000's don't work very well here and 129 needs its own dish. I haven't ordered an HD Metal pack yet, so the installer probably won't have a Dish 1000 on his work order (even if I wanted one).

Last edited:
I will definitely post my review/impressions of the 622. I have no previous experience with Dish, so maybe I'll have a different point of view that will be helpful

brettbolt said:
I called Dish in an attempt to switch one of my premium movie packages, and the CSR said I shouldn't because it would change my install date.

I originally ordered a standard receiver for my bedroom, but after really studying how the TV2 on the 622 works, I decided that I'm just going to feed my bedroom with that. I thought about calling in to cancel the standard receiver, but I'm scared they'd screw up something and push my install date back. When the installer comes, I'm going to tell him I don't want it. If they make me take it, I'll just sort it out later rather than risk pushing my install back. It's sad that we can't even make changes to our orders without screwing up the entire process!

I'm a new Dish sub also. Ordered on 2/11 with HD Silver pack. Received a 622 via USPS on 3/1. Install date is tomorrow (3/6). It'll be raining all day. Might be rescheduled but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)