New Customer: Best Place to Order From

edge10

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
What is the best place to order the HD Silver package from, for
a new Dish customer. I am probably looking at getting two 211
receivers, but the 622 seems interesting (never owned a DVR).

Thanks,

Dave

Welcome!

It never hurts to shoot the business to a small, reputable local retailer. At least you know where they live! And, they can give the same deals as dish and the out-of-town 800's.

No. I am not a retailer nor do I play one on TV.

Depends if you want to lease or buy. I'd atleast call dish up and see if they will hook you up with a 211 and 622. I'm having the 622 and 625 installed as a new customer tomorrow. $349.95 initial fee and $49.95 back on the first bill for signing the contract.

Deal with the local guys, better service after the sale if ever needed and ypu'll also have the advantage of getting to know the person that does the work on your house. heck... no way you'd get me to call some 800# and see what type of person comes to work in my home.

wobbie said:
Deal with the local guys, better service after the sale if ever needed and ypu'll also have the advantage of getting to know the person that does the work on your house. heck... no way you'd get me to call some 800# and see what type of person comes to work in my home.
I signed up directly through Dish network, and the guys(4) that game were all great guys, and they answered all the questions I asked them...

I think you should put money into your 'hood. There are good and bad in all realms. I worked for a DNSC fulfilment retailer and a local retailer. Both were reputable and concerned about their customers. The local guy made the extra 50 and was more concerned about chargebacks and had higher expectations of the installers. The fulfilment people were more concerned about turning W/Os and not as much about the customer. You never know, you may be selling something, sometime and it very likely be to locals. Like your local retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)