New Customer deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

peallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
I am a current Dish subscriber and am really considering jumping ship. The large price increase and lack of ESPN2HD and I live in a O&O Fox market. Where is the best place for a new customer deal. I would like the HDTiVO and probably another SD TiVO for the bedroom. Just looking for some help. Thanks!

Lots of members and readers here have had great luck by going through value electronics (they are members here as well as sponsors). Give them a try, as they offer discounts to Satellite guys members. Good luck, and welcom to the D* crowd!

I highly recommend Value Electronics as well. I have bought from them as well as family and friends. Everyone I know always tells me that VE treats them like royalty and they make sure that your experience is to the highest satisfaction.

It is strange how the 20 or so post suggesting other retailers other than our one Web Site Sponsor Value E have all gone away.

Most of them were for the other really good retailer

Expert Satellite. They are not a sponsor like V.E.

ScottChez said:
It is strange how the 20 or so post suggesting other retailers other than our one Web Site Sponsor Value E have all gone away.

Most of them were for the other really good retailer

Expert Satellite. They are not a sponsor like V.E.

Wow, so others were recommended but the links deleted? Not sure if Value Electronics reads this, but I think that it makes them look bad as a sponser when other options are deleted.

Before I read this post I would have probably leaned twards using V.E. but the idea that other opinions are being silenced means I can't trust this board for advice for this stuff.

Other's opinions are not being silenced. We do not do that here. The only posts that we delete would be posts talking about hacking, harrassing or threatening another members, or spam posts.

Value Electronics does not have any say so in what is posted here. The reason you don't see a lot of other companies reviews is because the majority of people I see use Value Electronics.

None of the staff is paid by Value Electronics in any way. Some of us have bought from them and can tell first hand what kind of company they are.

I got my system straight from DirecTV and everything went well only had to pay $15 shipping + tax.

Just for the record, I recommended VE because peallen mentioned a HDTivo as part of the setup he wants, and D* won't give you any price break on those at all (I think they still refer you to a retailer anyway). Also, I've never shopped w/ VE but Robert from Value Electronics has been very helpful answering my questions and those of others here on the boards. That, combined with the reputation that they have earned here is the reason that I recommended them.

Neutron said:
Other's opinions are not being silenced. We do not do that here. The only posts that we delete would be posts talking about hacking, harrassing or threatening another members, or spam posts.

Value Electronics does not have any say so in what is posted here. The reason you don't see a lot of other companies reviews is because the majority of people I see use Value Electronics.

None of the staff is paid by Value Electronics in any way. Some of us have bought from them and can tell first hand what kind of company they are.

I was not suggesting that any of the staff were paid by Value Electronics. Just that as a sponser they looks worse if the site they support becomes to biased.

But I understand there are a lot of spam deals with D* new subscribers and those shouldn't be allowed.

MacKenzieIII said:
I was not suggesting that any of the staff were paid by Value Electronics. Just that as a sponser they looks worse if the site they support becomes to biased.

There is no reason for this site not to be biased. VE not only provides great deals to us but they are extremely helpful in answering questions to products that weren't even bought from them.

It most definately does not seem like biased becasue they sponsor....if you read any of their posts or anyone experiences you will see that it is purely based on their willing to help.

Okay im not staff.. merely a site supporter. I recommend VE because they are all class acts and will bend over backward to help you.

My first response was directed towards Scott Chez. We also do not tolerate sponsor bashing in this manner. Every is entitled to their opinion, but saying that VE and the staff at Satelliteguys silences opinions about competition is taking it too far.

If you have a problem with anything Satelliteguys is doing PM one of us.

FWIW i had a problem with directv shipping me a replacement hd stb,
i keep calling directv and they kept telling that its on back order, for almost 3-4 weeks
so i tried to ask Robert from VE if he could help me out, he personally called me at home, actually it was late in the day, and i gave him my info, and he emailed directv and to put my stb order on hight priority, and next day, i hear directv shipped my stb,

and i got my stb in 3 days,

So i couldn't do it without robert's help, i don't know how more long i would'of have to wait more, if it wasn't robert,
And BTW i didn't not even order from Robert, and he helped me still :)

Again Robert, if you reading this, thanks again :)

I had a post deleted here also. I did not recommend Value Electronics.

Is this why it was deleted? The store I suggested is not a sponsor.

Bob, was it in this thread? I can see every deleted message and I do not see any in this thread. If you can point me to the thread that it was in I would be more than happy to look into it for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts