New Customer Frustrated

kangoljas

Original poster
Well I will start by saying I am new. I recently signed up for the Digital Home advantage/plan whatever the heck its called. Recently locals were avaiable in my area and I decided I was tired of the snowy picture from cable. So I jumped on the idea. Problem is a live in an apartment, and I had verbal agreement from my landlord that a sat dish was fine but it couldn't be on the building. I explained to the installer when they called to move up my appointment time that I was living in an apartment and had limited area for which to install the dish. Anyways so the installer goes against my wishes and drills through the vinyl siding in the apartment, never once asked me to call my landlord before proceeding, he then installs the dish on a post right in front of my window. So my landlord is pissed his property is damaged, the dish was set out an inappropriate place. So I basically started calling whoever I could. The owner of the install company was a complete jerk. So I call dish network, and basically they gave me the run around. So I took it upon myself to take the dish out of the ground and install it in a 5 gallon bucket with cement. Problem is I cannot find my local 105 sat to get locals. I find 119 and 110 no problem.

So I am at a delima the bucket with post is too tall to place on my porch, should I move the dish down some and allow it to sit on my porch, or should I just get rid of dish network all together. My landlord told me that I could have it installed on the backside of our apartment near my brothers room but it would have to be up high, the installer said he would not install it there due to the weight of the superdish. Any advice you could give would be great, I am already out big money having to replace the siding, now I can't have dish.

Kangol

welcome to satelliteguys. don't be a stranger here.

if you told them not to install on the building and they did anyway, they should have to pay for the damages. i would try calling dish network again and see if you get someone that know what is going on.

others will offer more suggestions. stay tuned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts