New Customer Waiting for Install guy to show up.

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Ok guys, I ordered E* or *E i forget witch way it goes. well, its thursday Ive been waiting a week to get this Crap installed and guess what. My definition of 8-12 am MUST BE DIFFERENT than the installers definition.

Because as of this second he is 2 hours and 12 mins late.

Now what phone number to I call to get some free Movie channels for all this hassle of missing work?

I tried 718-210-6000 and it just rings and rings!

well been on hold 10 mins or so, I have to admit this music is sorta catchy. Good thing I have a speaker phone or I'd be pissed, anyone care to dance?

gosh- 4 people telling me he's not going to show, this would be good enough for a month or so free wouldn't it? Just wait till that csr gets me on the phone!

damn two more saying he wont show up..

How the heck can a company be run like this?

well I guess i got a hold of his cell phone and go figure I couldnt understand what he he/she was saying..... Still on hold on the other line! What a GREAT first experience for the customer!!!!

I have had dish network for about 6 years, through now 5 different homes...I have had their installers do 4 of my 5 homes setup (more because of laziness on my part), and 2 out of 4 times, they did not show at all,...the other time, they were extremely late...only the most recent time did they show up first thing in the morning on time...

every time they were late or no-show, I called a CSR and stayed on the phone till someone credited me for a lost day's wages at work...I basically argued my way up to a supervisor, and told them that if I were not credited for missing one day's work, then I would not only cancel my dish network service, but I would take someone to court...I'm sure they knew I was bluffing on the latter, but they took me seriously...and credited me what I was asking for...

if they are just late a few hours, I'm sure you can do something similar, the key is to get by the initial people who think an apology is sufficient,...and let them know how serious you are that you will not accept an apology...I told them that their apology would not pay my bills, that their apology would not make up for a lost vacation day, and that someone was going to reimburse me with either a check, or credited services...they generally comply because they know it is their error to begin with...good luck!

I hate to say this but if he's already this late I bet he doesn't show.

I would ask DISH for a free month or two of their AEP package and get a different installer.

Why are you calling a 718 number? Did you order Dish through a local retailer? You may have to take up any claim for compensation with them, not Dish.

But, it still wouldn't hurt to complain to Dish. You may get something out of the deal. You'd certainly get the satisfaction of alerting Dish to a poor retailer/local installer. I belive they do take action against them, if there are enough complaints.

No i did it through dish, but yesterday someone from dish called me from that number to (get this) *confirm* my install date. If you call that you get "press 1 for customer service"

Jeff BTW STILL NOT HERE 3 and a half hours late. Just left a voice mail for him asking if he was going to show up today.

Jeff

OK so I called customer service at 2 pm and was on hold for FOURTY FIVE mins, gave up, figured i'd try agian at 3 30. So i just called and what the hell? They pick up the phone before it even rings! Was everyone on their lunch break?

Now the csr is calling him. Great, I'm sure he'll do a quality job on my house.

Time to lookup how to do this myself. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OK she gave me his cell number, if that dude is not here by 4 30 He's getting a call to ask him to just drop off the goods and some cable.

hey that'd be perfect!!!! Just give me the crap I dont need your crappy install which I will redo next week because im a perfectionist!

Ok its 4 pm, all of u that said 3 and 1/2, well you lost.

I am wondering right now, did I go with the right company? Is this some joke of a company...

The reason I say that is I had a chance to browse the 522 section of this site. I was so excited about getting a free DVR, but does this FREE dvr not work? Gosh should i just call the installer and tell him to go home (thats assuming he's ever going to come)

well im not a huge perfectionist, but enough to not like what other people do to my house.....

I guess I'll cross my fingers, if this thing sucks, I have 15 days right?

Any stipulations to that 15 day return policy i should know?

jezuz 17 people say he wont show, I guess I shoulda made two apointments and ditched the first~! LoL, what a great day "off"

I don't know where you got a 15 day return idea from. You have to be on DHA to be getting a 522 so that is a no commitment promotion you can cancel at any time but you will probably be billed for a 1 month minimum once activated. You really should do more investigating before ordering, the complaints on the 322/522 aren't bull they are factual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts