New Diplexer Question

kenelvox

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I have gone through all the information i can find in the forums.

I have what i belive is a very typical 2 room 622 installation. I cannot find a way to diplex the OTA to the 622.

I have attached a diagram of my installation. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecited.

Attachments

• Visio-dish.pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 541
The output of the diplexer by the 622 should go the OTA input not the TV 2 as your diagram shows. The TV2 jack is an OUTPUT jack not an input.

You'll need 2, two-way splitters.

The 1st splitter will be where you combine TV2 and and the OTA (upper left corner of your diagram...UHF/VHF output of the diplexer). Simply put the OTA on the one output, and TV2 on the other output of your two-way splitter.

The 2nd splitter will be on the output of your *other* diplexer (lower right corner of said diagram). This time run the UHF/VHF diplexer output to the two-way splitter and *then* run the outputs to the OTA input and TV2 output.

I hope this makes sense. Probably would be better if I supplied a diagram. Sorry.

EDIT: Forgot to add the fact that your diplexers look backwards on your diagram. Geronimo caught that one. :)

Often times people will take a standard splitter and combine the TV2 backfeed and the OTA antenna going into the diplexor. Hence you would have to split it back out at the 622. This can cause tv2 to be broadcast however.

All he is trying to do is get the OTA to the 6222. He does not need splitters to do that. he just needs to feed the OTA signal to the OTA tuner. He does not seem to be trying to combine the 622 TV2 output with OTA.

Although as I relook at the diagram he also needs to plug the antenna into the diplexer.

if you do want to combine the TV2 output with the antenna that is another matter. But it si not what you seem to be asking.

Thanks

I understand exactly what you mean with the splitters.. Makes perfect sense.

I will do this and confirm its operation..

Thanks

Ken

His diplexers in that diagram are fine. The side of the diplexer that looks like a splitter input is the side that carries both signals. I call it the "common."

Diplexers have input and output. You need to add a second set of diplexers that input from the dish and the antenna and split before the seperator and send ota to the RF input and sat signal to the receiver.

If you have any weak OTA channels or weak satellite channels ( ON 129) - EHMM) you might lose signal from OTA or sat ot both with diplexing. If you can at all run a direct line to the receiver from the antenna.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts