New Direct DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boogerbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
North Carolina
I finally got mad enough at Dish to switch. (Lying about when the 510 dvr would get Name based recording. Waiting for that over 2 years. Defective dish 500 LBNF and they wanted to charge me to replace it because I waited over the time period because I thought it was my trees blocking the dish. The tech was really rude. I was taught never to raise my voice, or cuss at anyone, so I don't but still that tech was extremely rude to me.)

Now I am getting Directv and their DVR, not the HD one. Does anyone have any suggestions about how it is different from the Dish DVR. Do you have any advice about which DVR they should be installing on Thursday, or all they all the same?
Any other advice I would seriously appreciate. Thank you for your help. Oh I am disabled, so no climbing under the house or on a ladder for me.

Thanks for reading this.
Booger.:cool:

It will be a piece of junk R15. I have one, and I am stuck with it for another year and 10 months because of their 2 year contract. You would have been better off paying for a 625 from E*. I love my 625 and get almost all my programming from E* because the R15 is very unreliable. The R15 is bad about doing partial recordings and just having a black screen when you try to watch a recording.

ok another opinion... I had the r15 with no problems for almost 7 months and then i upgraded to the HD DVR and still have no problems! also i've had none of the problems listed above!

I've had the R15 since December of 2005 and have had sporadic problems, but nothing chronic. I've had a few things not record (two were sporting events...one live) and I've had one recording that came up entirely black screen. But other than that, no major complaints with the R15. Although, I would say it's not beyond some more tweaking.

The DirecTivo boxes were great, though I did have a hard drive failure on one after 3 years. Other one is 1.5 yrs old and about to get sent to the workout room.

I wish they would bring back DTIVO when they change owners. I doubt that will happen though.

The only way they would ever bring back TIVO would be, if D* bought TIVO ....
But that ain't happening unless D*s unit completely falls apart...
Ironically, D* is working hard to get thier stuff stable and at least addressing thier issues.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)