New DirecTv HD Dvr user, many questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rainbow77

Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
st charles
We have upgraded to DirectV HD Dvr from a basic Tivo recorder.
Some of the questions we have we cannot find on DirectV site or in the book that came with HDDVR.

1. how do you switch from one tuner to the other; say your watching a show on tuner 1 and something starts recording on tuner2, how can you switch from tuner1 to tuner2? Tivo had a single button to hit to switch between tuners. Does the HD DVR do that?

2. how long before local channel program listings are updated and able to record and set up "series link"? In Tivo, don't recall having to wait a long time for the local channel lineups listed in guide. And setting up a Season Pass with the Tivo was really easy (2 ways with Tivo).

Thanks
SRB

1) You cannot switch tuners like you can with a TIVO, I miss this feature as well

2) Your guide data should be fully up to date within 24 hours, very similar to the TIVO guide data download times.

I just recemtly switched over to the new HD DVR as well, it takes some getting used to after using a TIVO for sa many years, but I am really starting to like it a lot. It does have some cool features that the TIVO didn't and it is missing some cool TIVO features unfortunately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)