New Dish 322...HELP!

Kjoy

Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Not only am I new to this site, I'm new to posting altogether, so help me out if I mess up :)
I'm tech savy, but by no means a pro, just learning by trial and error.
Here's my situation, I currently have Dish 500 with a twin LNBF installed by DN in 2000. One receiver used to watch the same station in Living Room and Kitchen, second receiver in bedroom. Got TiVo in 2004, installed on LR receiver. Everything's working fine. Just bought a Dish 322 from RadioShack online so I could use TiVo properly, you know, watch one thing record another. Was on the phone with DN for 2 hrs. to install new 322, only to figure out MYSELF that my switch/splitter was bad. Went to RS and bought a new one. Called DN, had everything running fine, ready to tackle the TiVo mess (that'll be on a new post once I figure this mess out). Tried changing channels, I get "acquiring satellite signal" message (no storms or even any clouds, I'm in SoCal) and now I get no programming, except in Bedroom. Called DN again, they say I need a new "DishPro LNBF" as the old Twin 500 LNBF cannot accommodate the necessary signals for the 322 receiver. So, do I need to buy the new LNBF? And if so, is this ALL I need to get?

You did not use a splitter in the line from the dish to the receiver did you?

You would need two lines from the dish, one into each of the inputs on that 322 for it to work properly. So you need a quad head or the new DPP (Dish Pro Plus) Twin. With the DPP Twin you could use the same wires you have now and a DP seperator to feed that 322. With the quad you would need one more line to the 322.

I see what your saying, I think i used the wrong term..ie. splitter, I meant separator. That's what came in the box from Dish/Radioshack. Small rectangle, has single input from the dish, separates that feed and goes into the two inputs on the 322 receiver. The separator is what was working incorrectly to start with, bought a new one, it worked fine, one station in the kitchen a different station in the living room. The next day, we changed a channel and the whole thing locked up. Now DN says I need the DPP Twin or Quad. I need an opinion if that IS what I need, or if I need that and more, or if that is not what I need at all.

Its not an opinion, its a fact. To run that 322 with one line and a seperator, you need a DPP Twin. If you have a Quad, all you would need to do would be loose the seperator and run a second line from the 322 to the dish. maybe you ought to post the model number of that bedroom reciever, just to be safe.

A DPP Twin is the cheapest way to get it to work off of one line, though.

Last edited:
The bedroom receiver is an Echostar 4900. I'll get that DPP LNB, but will I run into wiring issues or will I need additional hardware? I've been browsing some of the other posts about inferior wiring being a problem. The wiring we are using was installed by DN in 2000. Any suggestions as to where to get the DPP LNB at a reasonable price?

I would recommend getting your DPP lnb from the Dishstore.net using the link at the top of the page, but the link doesn't seem to be working! Otherwise I would check ebay. Just swap out the lnb, then use that seperator on the line behind your 322. When you use the seperator, pay attention to the numbers on the ports, as in port 1 out of seperator goes to sat input 1 on 322. Run a checkswitch on the 322 and 4900 and you should be set!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)