New Dish/522 install review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OceanaJones

Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Suffolk, Virgina
Hi everyone, after a lengthy research of this forum and others, I decided to subscribe to Dish Network. I based my decision on the reviews of this forum, the equipment I wanted, and the final cost of the programming. I knew the reception factor was going to be a crap shoot, and I would not know that variable until the actual installation. I requested my subscription to Dish Network through their web site, choosing the setup I wanted. (I wanted the 522 receiver so I requested a two room setup). I chose my preferred installation date and time (two days from request), and the programming I wanted. On the scheduled date, and time, the Dish company installer, and new hire showed up at my door. They were very professional in every way and tried to accommodate me every step of the way, from the placement of the dish, the receiver, and the routing of my cables. I was surprised at the size of the super dish, but was impressed with the security of the installation. The physical installation went very well, but they only did what was necessary to hook up the 522 to my main TV and one other, which is all I expected. (I have 5 TV's and my main is connected via Onkyo pro logic receiver). I couldn't wait for them to leave so I could "tweak" my installation.:D The installers had trouble downloading the guide and had to call Dish tech support for assistance. When all is said and done, I could not believe the excellent quality of the picture I was receiving on all TV's. So far... knock on wood... The 522 is working flawlessly, and as advertised. It took a long time to download the "guide", but I was told this is because the 522 downloads eight days of programming at a time vs the earlier receivers four or five. So far I am very happy with Dish Network, and I will be recommending this to my friends and neighbors. Thanks for such a great and informative forum! OceanaJones

I want to mention 2 things for you to think about.

1. Remember to reboot your 522 regularly and you will have less problems than some users

2. Make sure your system is grounded. there are several threads around here on that topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts