New dish, can I add to existing dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

digitalgm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
All,

I am purchasing one of the vehicle dishes from KVH to receive programming on the move and I really dont want to pay ANOTHER 70$ per month just for this programming. Is there anyway for DirecTV to know this is not on my dish at home? Will I be able to get away with just being charged 4.99 a month as if it was an extra receiver?

Thanks a million!

AdamR

Yes, activate the receiver as though it were in your home. This will effect your ability to get DNS while on the road, but for $70/mo I think you can use an antenna for those. Give it a location like Guest House or somehting. :)

Im sorry, you will have to excuse me but I dont know what DNS stands for. I did some searching and it seems like you are talking about local channels, right? This means that I should still be able to recieve all my programming such as HBO, etc?

Thanks so much for your help. Can you tell me what will be involved in the activiation when I DO add another reciever and how its done.

THanks for all of your help

AdamR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)