New Dish Customer: Installation Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JakeInFla

Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I posted this on HiDefForums.com. Anyone else have such a difficult install?

Here are the facts: ( The Short Version)

Prior Week: I spoke with a sales associate after clicking a link from this site to initiate the Dish migration. Sales person sounded like it was her first day. She agreed with my statements, even if they contradicted each other. "Oh well...I'm sure it will be fine''

Tuesday: Scheduled installation between 12 - 5. Guy shows up around 2:30pm. He begins walking from the back patio, around the house, in through the front door , out the back door...pausing every fifteen minutes to answer his personal cell phone call from one of the various family members and friends he has. ( I understand Spanish and heard most of the conversations)
After 1.3 hours of doing this he gets on the roof. The original old Dish Network dish was still up there attached to my house, he removed it, as well as the DirecTV dish. He through the DirecTV dish onto the patio concrete floor from the roof, damaging the DirecTV dish.

He runs some wiring, completely changing the logic used by the DirecTV installer due to a third line being fed through for the HD 811. The 522 has the other two lines.
3 hours into his "installation" he begins bringing in the two boxes. I immediately ask where the other box is. ( Sales promised me there would be four total receivers. Counting the 522 as two receivers, that still left one missing. He advised I could use the wireless remote, but I spoke with tech support, who arranged a Sunday install for the third box.

He checks out the existing wiring and spots some staples placed through certain areas of the cable. When he hooks up the 522, Sat1 refuses to connect. He runs various test wizards, and just cannot figure out why it refuses to connect. He then runs a new cable and tries it. Same problem.
He gets the HD to work with a single cable, but cannot get the 522 to connect.
After several hours of going back and forth, calling tech support, taking personal phone calls, going outside for ten, fifteen minutes at a time, he asks me which box do I want operational.

At this point it's been around 8 hours, it's dark, so I agree to allow him to return the following day. I hooked up the 811 and he left stating he would call me at 9:00 am to advise me what time he will be coming back to finish the Quad LNB replacement , install the bedroom line, and test everything.

***Bare in mind, I have taken Tuesday as a paid vacation day from the office. Cash value around $200.00

Wednesday:
So, I wake up, call in to my office claiming to be sick. ( yes, using another paid vacation day value: $200.00.) 9:00 becomes 10, 10: becomes 12:00, 1,2,3,4:30 and no phone call or knock on the door.

I make various phone calls throughout the day speaking with multiple technicians getting nothing but the run around, transferred to various voice mails, and basically being discarded as a nuisance. The attitude I received from the majority of the representatives was amazingly nasty and rude.
I finally get in touch with a corporate office rep, Jordan, who calls the local dispatcher and verifies that she arranged for someone to be out here between 5:00 and 7:00 pm, GUARANTEED!

Well, 7:05 rolls around ,and guess what...? Yep, that's right...no phone call, no knock on the door. So I call her back and leave a voice mail message. I then call another rep on the 800 line who cannot get in touch with dispatch. Jordan from corporate calls me on my cell phone at 7:30pm and tells me she will make some calls and look into it. She was the only person I spoke two out of the dozens of representatives from Dish who actually seemed to care about my situation.

At this point the anger, frustration, and outrage have become comical , but disturbing. I stress the point with her that every large company has issues with quality control when vendors are out sourced as private contractors. As representatives of their company, they sometimes encounter people who slip through the cracks. This guy was one of them. He bad mouthed Dish the whole time he was here, he had trouble reading the messages on the screen when dictating to a tech rep, and had zero professionalism. His constant references to how Dish doesn't care about its customers, and " you should have stayed with DirecTV" comments blew me away. By not calling me to finish the job he started 30 hours earlier, he proved it was his word that meant nothing. I have come to expect this from the larger companies as the norm. It's said that in this day and age, we customers are treated like cattle. Once the big monster has your name on the dotted line, they can do whatever they like. They are covered by the three thousand page agreement we click yes to time and time again.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I only hope that once this is resolved Dish Network compensates me for my frustration and loss of work days.

You can expect more of the same from a Corporation you really should have called a local dealer you can do business face to face with.

ok..?

Great!! Thank you Captain Obvious! ;)

I hear you, but regardless of how you come into contact with these dealers, the widespread and random nature of good versus bad installers will still be out there. Unless you have a long standing personal relationship with an installer or shop, you roll the dice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts