New Dish Customer

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
I am a recovering FTA person who is going legit. I have a place in Mexico and am set up to get 119 and 129 (2 dishes). I want to set up an account in the US and bring the receivers down with me. I will probably sign up for the Everything pack, DVR and HD. If I sign up with my US home address, I can work with an installer to get the stuff "installed" here. I hear a lot about "moving" to get My Distant Networks and I'm not really sure what that means. I can provide the an address that "works" to get all SD Networks but don't know if they verify these against my Dish account. I will NOT have Dish in the US as I am a Direct customer and don't want to switch. Not really a big fan of Dish but that's all I can get (except Starchoice but that sux). Lastly, I will not have a phone line connected to anything but I can have etherent connected to one of the boxes if it's really required.

I know this is not entirely "legal" in Dishes eyes but the way I see it I'm paying for the service, not stacking or doing anything too squirley. I appreciate any thoughts on the best way to set up this account.

That's a little harsh. It's pretty clear from some of the other posts that many of you "gurus" play games to get the service you want. My post was serious and I am not "stealing" anything from anyone. This is legit single user, single location account that just happens to fall outside Dishes service area, nothing else. If they offered it where I am I would be 100% legal and this would not be an issue. Like you, I enjoy U.S. programming and am just trying to put together something that is win-win.

Constructive, non "holier than thou" advice welcome.

In order to get HD locals through AAD, you must select a "home" DMA where you can find a zipcode that is in a digital white area (no OTA service/ no satellite service).

Dish is pushing legislation that may negate this process in two years. They are requesting permission to import neighboring DMA locals into DMA's that have no network channel available and in return the "promise" to carry all 210 or so DMA's. This might put AAD out of business as far as locals go making all locals spotbeams = no access out of spotbeams.

That's a little harsh. It's pretty clear from some of the other posts that many of you "gurus" play games to get the service you want. My post was serious and I am not "stealing" anything from anyone. This is legit single user, single location account that just happens to fall outside Dishes service area, nothing else. If they offered it where I am I would be 100% legal and this would not be an issue. Like you, I enjoy U.S. programming and am just trying to put together something that is win-win.

Gotta say, boba's statement still stands.

If DISH won't let you do it, and I suspect they won't, you can always try cable. Many Mexican cable systems in the major cities carry some US programming.

Or you can set up a real fta dish, motor and receiver and watch some good American TV......
Look over the FTA category, There you will learn a fun hobby and get legit free programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)