New Dish HD Channels Coming Soon????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
Hello all,

I was just in my local Sam's Club, I'm in there quite often. Anyway Sam's has used a special feed from Dish Network to display on their HD Televisions for quite sometime. On that feed you will see different channels in a Loop, and alot of that content is from the Voom Channels.

Now with all that said, TODAY for the first time I saw two HD channels that have NEVER been in that Preview Loop. InHD was in the loop as well as Outdoor2 in HD as well.

I'm in full assumption mode now. Maybe Dish has planned to add more HD channels to the HD package but was waiting for the New Year and the pricing increase.

John

If they are using 9443, I just watched the loop go through two times and never saw those channels mentioned.

what you see at sams is not put together by dish

it's simply a general HD demo.

Those have been on there for a year...maybe more. In fact, I had never heard of Outdoor Channel HD until I saw it at Sams. I'm pretty sure that stuff is on a loop internally...maybe DVHS.

BTW...today, I saw something odd at Sam's. They had two different areas with TVs. Both were showing a news channel (Fox, I think) that appeared to be live. In one section, the 4:3 picture was stretched across the widescreens. (When will they learn that distorted pictures aren't a selling point?) In the other section, the pictures were formatted properly. However, instead of black bars on the side, the bars were 2-tone blue.

The TVs were all different brands, so it couldn't have been an internal feature. Our local NBC-HD affiliate uses blue-gradient bars on 4:3 programming, but this was an SD channel. It had to be coming from the decoder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)