new dish hd channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdalton15

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
does anyone know of any new hd channels that will be added to dish in the near future? I like what I have now but would imagine new ones will be added soon.

This is always going to be a question no matter how many HD channels Dish Network adds.

We are expecting HGTV HD within the next 35 or so days (This is according to a spokesperson for HGTV)

Now word on others, but it would not surprise me to see Starz HD by the end of the month in time for the Free Preview. (But I have nothing solid to support that theroy)

thanks

thanks for the news, I would hope that would be adding much more within the year. They appear to have the capibility.

jdalton15 said:
thanks for the news, I would hope that would be adding much more within the year. They appear to have the capibility.

Name 'much more'. There aren't that many national hd channels waiting for a dish home

I see:
HGTV-HD
Food-HD
Wealth TV
NG - HD
Starz-HD
TMC-HD

I personally vote for NG-HD

Wgn-hd?

How about superstation WGN-HD? They were advertising it during a Cubs game. Is this the local HD feed, or is it a National HD feed for the superstation?

TBS also

I watch braves games in HD from my off air attenna here in Atlanta, so that would be one that could be added. The regional fox sports would be a great addition as well, but I don't know if fox has anything like that planned.

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is always going to be a question no matter how many HD channels Dish Network adds.

We are expecting HGTV HD within the next 35 or so days (This is according to a spokesperson for HGTV)

Now word on others, but it would not surprise me to see Starz HD by the end of the month in time for the Free Preview. (But I have nothing solid to support that theroy)

Starz HD will be up on DISH in the next 60 days. Look for an announcement at Team Summit (maybe sooner). I do have something to support that but :shh

Dish will have a few things at Team Summit... Including the premiere of the Dish + line of Dishes... The announcement of DishComm and ________ :) and a few other things.

I am looking forward to it, but the thing I am looking forward to the most is going to the Uplink Center! :D :D :D :D

WTBS HD, you got to be kidding. With the vast resources of parent Time-Warner and the great movie library at their disposal it's a HD joke. WTBS OTA broadcast the Matrix and LOTR to name a few in SD; Sex in the City HD on HBO and across the aisle on WTBS in SD. No regular programs are in HD. Braves games in HD only when they are at home and then only on Sunday and then maybe a token Sat or Fri game. Time-Warner called it right..."very funny" for those looking for HD friendly programming here in the ATL.

Last edited:
philhu said:
Name 'much more'. There aren't that many national hd channels waiting for a dish home

I see:
HGTV-HD
Food-HD
Wealth TV
NG - HD
Starz-HD
TMC-HD

I personally vote for NG-HD

What about:
inHD1/2
Cinemax-HD
HBO-West HD *
SHO-West HD *

* Time shifting for those without HD-DVRs.

ok

I didn't have hd for baseball season last year, I didn't realize that out of town games were not in HD, that is disappointing. I just watched the other day but the game was at home.

Adding West Feeds in HD

I get the theory... but if they add a west feed of any HD channel... that'd be a HUGE waste of space... add new channels not just 3 hour replays of HD!
I'd vote for Starz, NatGeo, Cinemax, TMC in that order (not going to hold my breath on inHD)

John Kotches said:
What about:
inHD1/2
Cinemax-HD
HBO-West HD *
SHO-West HD *

* Time shifting for those without HD-DVRs.

So I was cruisin around the MHD.tv site, and lookin for service providers in my area that carry MHD. Comcast doesn't, but funny enough, when I select DirecTV as my provider, this message comes up

"Congratulations! MHD is coming soon!Thanks to DIRECTV you’ll be able to see MHD as part of its HD line-up on 12/31/2098."

Now, I'm not sure, but i'm guessing one or more parts of that statment is wrong? EIther D* isn't currently set to get MHD, or if they are it's be fore 12/31/2098 lol

just thought that was a bit amusing :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts