New Dish HD Locals for 4/23/08

lapplegate

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Henryville, IN
Is there a map that breaks the 61.5 spotbeams down? I usually don't have a problem with this sort of stuff, but I can not seem to get the hang of how the 61.5 beams work. For example: the map (at ekb) shows Chicago on TP 11. Charts are showing the Chicago beams as 11s14 or 11 area 4. Is there some way to find out if you can hit one of these spots? Can you go the the signal strength screen and toggle through all the TPs to see if one turns from transponder to spotbeam?

Thanks,

kennya

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2007
McAlester, OK
You should be in the OKC beam if you have the correct address.

So you mean "move" to OKC correct? No, we get our locals from Tulsa and have had them since 03. I don't want to move cause Tulsa covers our weather better than OKC, plus having been with them so long. It stays in the back of my mind to "move", just don't want to hassel with it...

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
I was kind of shocked to see Mobile, Al show up on the list. Had no real idea they were coming until the uplink a few ago.. But what I can't understand is why the NBC is supposedly being left off.. I know Dish has agreements for all the majors around here for the SD part.. Why would a local station give rights to SD and not to HD.. Especially NBC which is on the bottom of every rating list.. Unless they think the Olympics gives them a bargaining chip for more cash.. Which to me doesn't sound very bright on their part.. The Olympics usually are a flop. Oh well.. CBS and Fox are where I am most of the time anyway.. And the wife does ABC.. So I guess I will just not miss the NBC that much.. Have it on OTA anyway.

codton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 5, 2007
Waterford, CT
3 more cities added for tommorow. I updated the list.

Another good sign for Connecticut viewers:

Both Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS were listed as cities for HD locals in June on the DISH website (as was Hartford, CT). If, in fact, those two cities go live tomorrow, then that could mean Hartford, CT lights up next week, much earlier than the June date.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts