This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Dish Ideas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k.r.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Floyd knobs indiana
Im c band dish window shoping right now for few month down the road..budget is 1000$ for dish only and mounting..i have several recievers... geosat 1200 and the micro hd...also have pleanty of coax..and all my lnbs c and ku from my dishes here...but il need a positioner box i guess..i guess my question is if you had 1000$ for buying a cband dish and mounting it proper..what would you buy..

I would put a iso listing on craigs list. Maybe you will find something. I have serval back up 10 foot mesh dishes i have found. By searching craigs list. I have turned down over 5 dishes that were 7.5 foot. Here in SC there is plenty 7.5' foots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: k.r.
I would do like dl said and look around for a good used 10 footer. Maybe can get it for next to nothing.
Then spend $175 on an ASC1.

My $0.02 - Keep your eyes open when driving around. A lot of times, you may have driven by a decent dish or two without ever having noticed it.

Go out into rural areas, off the highway and onto the dirt/gravel roads. If you are in a civic organization, church, etc. then tell people what you're looking for - I got a 7.5' free that way. If you see one on a building, go in and ask - I got a 10' free that way (except paying the county road & bridge crew $50 to remove it from the roof).

I have two 10' and one 7.5' and all were free, with the exception of the $50 removal fee. All of this was within the last couple of years, so good stuff can be had.

If you happen upon a good 7.5' dish, I'd say get it. It would let you get your feet wet and explore while looking for a bigger dish. Good luck and good hunting!

I migh give you a call Dan when we get kinda sorta settled in..the botanical garden by the hilton..are you far from that? And thank you..

Are thinking of Fort Wayne I live north of there in angola but the rural area has plenty of c band dishes gobs of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.