New DISH Network RED Smart Cards

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Went to open a new 301 today and found a red smart card....

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 863
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 685
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 623
Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me- a new 301? I thought the 311 replaced them quite some time ago. Surely they're not still making or keeping stock of new 301s?

Excuse me- a new 301? I thought the 311 replaced them quite some time ago. Surely they're not still making or keeping stock of new 301s?

You can still purchase 301's mostly as remanufactured receivers. I bought a remanufactured 2800 for the guest bedroom. It's basically brand new. I don't doubt that there are still brand new 301's sitting in a warehouse.

It's beginning to look like there's a whole lot more STBs that are gonna die than I thought, when 8PSK & MPEG-4 spread. 2800? Why? Cheap?

Hopefully there is a card swap coming, but since the "cardless" (those with cards on the mainboard) receivers are already compromised, what card will they be using? It is a new card with the new slogan for Dish.

hmm. I got a replacement DVR in the mail today and it has a Yellow Smart Card still. :confused:

I hope dish doesn't swap cards again. It took around a month for them to get the stinking yellow card to work with my Dishplayer 7100. Just love how they incapacitated my receiver with next to no warning. They shipped me 3 separate yellow cards before we got one that allowed the receiver to actually tune and stay on.

Checking Around

I have asked around, and NO ONE ELSE has ever seen this card. Even dealers with remanufactured 301s that arrived yesterday.

Yeah, Claude - fire up the receiver and show us that System screen.
Elsewhere it could be a red herring :D I see copyright of 1996, could be it FIRST Dish card and someone put it there by mistake or as a joke.

My Question Is

Are they only one reciever with this card? Could it be a dealer card? I am hearing it is a ROM 206 card.

Besides that, I should have taken a picture of the system info screen last night.

The only problem now is that I do not have the receiver anymore, its actually out on my installers truck and he is installing it for a customer as we speak.

I did call him and he said he is going to bring up the system info screen before he installs it!

The rest of the units I have in stock have YELLOW cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)