New Dish Prices, effective Jan 16

Simple math. He was getting the old promo rate ($74.99) and he is looking at the chart to see what his rate will be after the promo expires ($89.99). The loss of the $10.00 discount, combined with the total of $5.00 in increases, equals a $15.00 increase.

He said his 'regular price' was going up $15 is where I got confused. If your interpretation is accurate and his package price is going up $5 and if he's not happy with the promotional price expiring then he should call DISH and see what they can do for him. :)

He said his 'regular price' was going up $15 is where I got confused. If your interpretation is accurate and his package price is going up $5 and if he's not happy with the promotional price expiring then he should call DISH and see what they can do for him. :)
Then I went back and re-read your earlier post, and you said that the new promo rate will be $74.99 per month. If his promo is about to expire, then he should have been locked-in at a lower rate than that. I wonder if he was affected by last year's increase (when the locals were broken out) when he shouldn't have been.

IMG_1530.JPG

Bill breakdown:
AT200 64.99 (reg: 74.99)
Locals 10.00
10 discount for 24/months

Total now: 74.99 including locals (not including discount)

New total: 89.99 including locals

Difference is 15.

I’m not even including the 10/discount in my package and 5/discount for autopay. If you include those discounts and the 10/month for refer a friend, my increase will be realistically 40 bucks.

Then I went back and re-read your earlier post, and you said that the new promo rate will be $74.99 per month. If his promo is about to expire, then he should have been locked-in at a lower rate than that. I wonder if he was affected by last year's increase (when the locals were broken out) when he shouldn't have been.

I started service before they broke out the locals. I’m not sure if that affected any of the prices listed in my bill... I think you may be on to something though.

Reactions: pattykay
View attachment 129901

Bill breakdown:
AT200 64.99 (reg: 74.99)
Locals 10.00
10 discount for 24/months

Total now: 74.99 including locals (not including discount)

New total: 89.99 including locals

Difference is 15.

I’m not even including the 10/discount in my package and 5/discount for autopay. If you include those discounts and the 10/month for refer a friend, my increase will be realistically 40 bucks.

That post is clear as mud.

The regular price for the Top 200 with locals package is actually going up $5.

If you want to lower your bill call and ask DISH for a deal or refer some more friends. :)

That post is clear as mud.

The regular price for the Top 200 with locals package is actually going up $5.

If you want to lower your bill call and ask DISH for a deal or refer some more friends. :)

Ha thanks, I try.

I’m figuring out that the regular price is not 74.99 like my bill says.. maybe it has something to do with what they did when they separated the locals from the package to keep the price the same for me.

Regardless, time will tell.

Sorry for all the confusion everyone!

I’m still leery of this Dish cellular thing. Starting from ze toro and building out a network that doesn’t exist in a market already over saturated with carriers doesn’t make any sense to me, unless Charlie knows something we don’t..

I don't disagree it seems like a monumental task to literally start up a cellular network. I disagree however that the market is saturated. There are only two providers that reach just about anywhere and a third (Tmobile) trying hard to get on their level. Then we have whatever Sprint is and for however long it exists. Everyone else is using one of their networks.
So I would think Charlie needs to find a way to have excellent coverage, and to be extremely competitive to have a chance. That's the monumental part. :)

Can Sprint really turn down a merger? I guess it doesn't matter who he teams up with. No way he does it on his own.

Sprint DID turn down a merger. With Tmobile. A few weeks ago. Mayososhi Son wants control of a combined company. Neither John Legere nor Charlie Ergen will cede control to him.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Honestly, it was T-Mobile that turned down Sprint. Actually, I could care less who Charlie teams up with. It is his problem not mine, and I am not a stockholder.

Honestly, it was T-Mobile that turned down Sprint. Fortunately, I could care less who Charlie teams up with. It is his problem not mine.

Regardless, in this case, any new company formed needs to be led by the CEO with the better track record. That's John Legere if Tombile, or Charlie Ergen if Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)