NEW DISH Pricing as of May 23, 2013

BB@Home stays for me too as that was going to be the 1st cut.:happydance:

I might still cut BB@H. What movies channels would I loose if I canceled BB@H? Also, if I upgraded to the new Hopper 2000(?) from my original Hopper, would that extend my contract for another 2 years?
Ghpr13

Last edited:
I wonder how Dish Depot can charge so much less than retail for the Hopper. I think I read that Dish started charging retailers less for the receivers not long ago. Are they charging close to cost and relying on activation fees for their profit? Seems interested that you can own one for the same price that it costs to lease one.

If they are selling receivers outright then they are not making anything off of them being activated. The only money they are making is the margin on the receiver itself. They must only be relying on quantity sold. It's not too bad of margin though, same as selling a tailgater but with far fewer problems.

I remember the retail on these receivers used to be a bit higher just a year or two ago. Did something change? I heard that retailers are paying less upfront for receivers now.

I remember the retail on these receivers used to be a bit higher just a year or two ago. Did something change? I heard that retailers are paying less upfront for receivers now.
Higher mass production lowers the unit cost.

I might still cut BB@H. What movies channels would I loose if I canceled BB@H? Also, if I upgraded to the new Hopper 2000(?) from my original Hopper, would that extend my contract for another 2 years?
Ghpr13
Hopper 2000 is the original model. The Hopper with Sling is the new one. And if you upgrade through Dish, yes it would extend your contract. If you buy your own from a third party, then no it would not extend your contract.

The discussions regarding new pricing and the termination of annual programming have caused me to look at my programming options again; unfortunately, I can't find a comprehensive list that details all of the associated programming fees and charges, and under what circumstances they're applicable and when they're waived. Is there such a list/resource? I've found some information on the Dish page regarding fees for cancellation and equipment shipping and on-site technician visits, etc., but I'm more interested in details regarding receiver fees, DVR fees, high definition fees, external hard drive activation fees, equipment protection plan fees, etc., etc.
I apologize if this has been asked a million times on the forum, but I didn't turn up anything in my thread searches.

I wonder if a sticky thread would be useful, outlining all the current rates, charges and fees associated with each provider, one in each D and E forum? I'd help maintain it if I knew I could update it without my update capabilities expiring.

I wonder if a sticky thread would be useful, outlining all the current rates, charges and fees associated with each provider, one in each D and E forum? I'd help maintain it if I knew I could update it without my update capabilities expiring.

I vote we put him to work!

Does anyone else think it's suspicious that Dish decides to increase the Hopper fees one month before the latest Genie is rumored to be released nationally? I was planning to make a decision this summer to stay with Dish or go DirectTV. It's like Dish is forcing my hand now.
Do you know what this rumored new Genie is going to feature over the current Genie?

was thinking bout getting a 3rd hopper and adding another joey.But if these grandfather prices dont last long
Americas Top 250 74.99
BB@Home 10.00
Whole Home Fee with first hopper 12.00
2nd Hopper 12.00
3rd Hopper 12.00
Joey 7.00
Joey 7.00

Bill would be 134.99 or 124.99 with out BB@home still not to bad compared to cable and DTV

Excellent news! Very nice to see that our voices were heard. Thanks for the great site and giving us a way to get the excellent early news so we could voice our descent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts