New Dish Service Installed Today (211K)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Frank7004 said:
You had a sub contractor.

1. No orange burial
2. Not a dns ground block, rather ones typically used by contractors
3. If the pole got mounted the same day, utilities most likely weren't marked, a huge nono. Subs do it all of the time
4. Drip loop but no service loop
5. Non approved fasteners holding the cable to the home
6. No ground strap

Lol. I'm glad you are happy with the install. If my qas checked that, I would fail that install.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My office has been allowed to use those nail clips all year (DNS office). Look in your tote. So only 5 things wrong. Haha

While I noted dish seems to have a slightly softer image, colors seem to be more vivid than I'm used to seeing with direct.

Sounds like the TV just needs to be readjusted for the source to me. If colors are to saturated then reduce the amt and contrast a bit and that may get it allot closer to D* then. I've read to many say that there is only a small difference between the two too many times. Try a little tweaking. And see how things go. As far as the orange cable it is unneeded when in conduit and the elbow is to keep the water from getting in as easily.

hawker152 said:
My office has been allowed to use those nail clips all year (DNS office). Look in your tote. So only 5 things wrong. Haha

We have to drill, put a blue thing to grip a screw (if in concrete) then use a flex clip w a screw. If I can access a nailed clip, I'm to remove it and put a plastic 'dns' flex clip in.

So many things to continue to hinder the bottom dollar passed along to the customer...

Last edited:
just wondering what is the difference from orange flooded cable and black flooded cable? many times have seen non flooded cable used for burial, can see that being a problem.....that orange sh*t is pretty ugly......

just wondering what is the difference from orange flooded cable and black flooded cable? many times have seen non flooded cable used for burial, can see that being a problem.....that orange sh*t is pretty ugly......

Color to easily ID it as direct burial but from what I've heard that's about it. Some have just an extra jacket that is orange. So it will depend on which one you use.

Last edited:
Sounds like the TV just needs to be readjusted for the source to me. If colors are to saturated then reduce the amt and contrast a bit and that may get it allot closer to D* then. I've read to many say that there is only a small difference between the two too many times. Try a little tweaking. And see how things go. As far as the orange cable it is unneeded when in conduit and the elbow is to keep the water from getting in as easily.

I actually own my own meter and calibrate it that way. It's not bad, or saturated, they actually look better to me. I thin it was Scott (IIRC) that said Directv had a habit of jacking the contrast which could be the difference Im seeing.

Frank7004 said:
We have to drill, put a blue thing to grip a screw (if in concrete) then use a flex clip w a screw. If I can access a nailed clip, I'm to remove it and put a plastic 'dns' flex clip in.

So many things to continue to hinder the bottom dollar passed along to the customer...

Frank, your quas guy is too anal.

Well, my VOD plan did not go as well as I hoped, so I got on Dish Chat (forgot how cool that damn thing was) and have a HDDVR coming tomorrow (they put a note on my request for a 722k), installer comes out tomorrow AM. Also changed my package to the Everything Pack, and got HD free for life. So far pretty happy. Will miss VOD for premiums and 3D channels, but Im paying less for more.

Well, luckily he showed with a 722k, just also ordered my MT2 cartridge. When I asked him is they were able to meet the request, he said all he's seen lately is 722k's.

Having 6 tunes will come in handy when Fall tv starts back up :)

How much xtra will the 211k be a month now that I have a 722k? I can either return it, or if its just a few bucks, may keep it as a backup.

elwaylite said:
Well, luckily he showed with a 722k, just also ordered my MT2 cartridge. When I asked him is they were able to meet the request, he said all he's seen lately is 722k's.

Having 6 tunes will come in handy when Fall tv starts back up :)

How much xtra will the 211k be a month now that I have a 722k? I can either return it, or if its just a few bucks, may keep it as a backup.

$7 a month for the 211K. The 722K is included with your base programming because it is the most expensive reciever on your account.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using the SatelliteGuys App

correct. The 1st receiver (most expensive) is included but you'll gain a $6 DVR fee now. The 722 has a DVR fee but you can hook a EHD to it for no charge

extra receiver fee
$7 single tuner unit
$10 for dual tuner single output units (612)
$14 for dual tuner dual output non DVR (322)
$17 for dual tuner dual output DVR (625, 622, 722)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts