NEW DishHD web site found! (And now it's gone)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Notice that Starz is on the entry graphic but not in the HD channel listings.

NightRyder

Yeah, indeed

also strange (nice find btw)

"DishHD PLATINUM

INCLUDES ALL 27 CHANNELS OF HD PROGRAMMING
plus over 180 standard "

I thought it was only to be 25? (26 w/ starz), or are they figuring 25+FOOD+HGTV (and forgettin bout starz?)

Great find, haven't seen it yet but the funny part is that is links back to the regular Dish site which has no information on the new recievers or programming. So again trying to order something that isn't really there. Dish you are getting ahead of yourself once again.

Cool Glad to See they have the info out there now! Should answer folks question about the plans.. :)

Funny, if you go to the order now option you're not able to order the 211 or 622.

CJPC said:
Yeah, indeed
also strange (nice find btw)
"DishHD PLATINUM
INCLUDES ALL 27 CHANNELS OF HD PROGRAMMING
plus over 180 standard "
I thought it was only to be 25? (26 w/ starz), or are they figuring 25+FOOD+HGTV (and forgettin bout starz?)

It maybe the addition of Food and HGTV, but I bet they are including the HD PPV and HD DEMO (the true HD channel in Dish's lineup). :D

Well we will see if the site stays up do to Feb 1st not too far away.

BearcatScott said:
What is DISH Comm Technology? Saw each receiver has this "technology".
Allows Dish Comm receivers to communicate via the electrical socket (similar to X10). The technology has not been implemented in receivers and, according to some Dish experts on this site, probably won't because a) there are so vew Dish Comm receivers out there and b) the technology will be outdated by Video over IP in the new line of receivers (i.e. VIP221, VIP622, etc.)

It will be implemented somewhere down the line, however for now it will be on the back burner until there are more Dish Comm enabled receivers out there.

The Big Wood said:
It maybe the addition of Food and HGTV, but I bet they are including the HD PPV and HD DEMO (the true HD channel in Dish's lineup). :D
I am betting that it means HBO-HD and Showtime-HD since the Platinum pack includes all the movie channels. If you click on the Bronze, Silver and Gold packages, it says 25 channels of HD programming, but the Platinum pack is 27 channels. Technically, there would be 2 extra HD channels in that package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)