New DishNET Plans Launching

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Dish will being making new Dish NET plans available to subscribers in certain geographic locations in the next few weeks. Different regions will start and different dates. These new plans are not available in all regions. I was reading through the new plans and rules and it's kind of confusing but it looks as though Dish is trying to improve service in the certain areas they are able to.

It looks as though the pricing will remain the same for the three tiers but each tier is broken down into three categories. Here is an example of the least expensive tier:

Bundled Price Group Max Download Off-Peak Activation Fee Modem Lease
$39.99 Group A 10Mbps 10GB $49 $10/mo.
$39.99 Group B 5 Mbps 5GB $49 $10/mo.
$39.99 Group C 5 Mbps 5GB $49 $10/mo.

The next tier is similar but the price is $49.99, the max download is 10Mbps, off-peak is 10GB and the modem lease fee is $10 for all three groups but there is not an activation fee.

The three groups represent certain regions of the US.

Sounds like the areas that had the 5mbps max with 20gb. They are now able to get the 10 Mbps. Without details that would be my guess.

They also have some "Plus" plans that allow the customer to have higher speeds for just email and browsing once they go over their allotted data for the month. It looks like Dish is trying to improve the service more but it's kind of confusing at the moment.

I pay $62.99 with Cox cable, but get 50mbps. Very expensive, but I couldn't give up my 50mbps.
Hahaha, LOL, you call that expensive! I have to pay $79.99 for 15GB any time data per month (12 down 3 up) from Exede and $30.00 to CenturyLink for a 4 down 512k up DSL connection that works right half the time due to the DSLAM being oversold and a bandwidth exhaust. I wish I had your problem of having to pay $63 for a 50mbps service.

I'm paying $50 for 50/5 from Mediacom on a promo. Full retail is about $70/month though a phone call will usually get it for something a bit less.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

I'm paying Cox Business Services for a SOHO account to run servers at home: $85/mo for 5/2. Fortunately I'm getting about 35/6, so I haven't complained.

I pay about $63/month for the 50mbps deal. Sounds about the same. Maybe minor differences not worth noting.

I pay $62.99 with Cox cable, but get 50mbps. Very expensive, but I couldn't give up my 50mbps.

And with your cable service NO CAPS! The Dish Net, like all Satellite providers is limited speed, high ping rates and low caps. Fine for some, but downloading tv, or streaming, uses up data caps very fast. I wish I could pay 63 bucks for my 15 meg service, unlimited cap. Not on Satellite anymore, after 10 years was lucky enough to find a local WISP. But $63 is a long ways in the rear view mirror.

Go to cox website. I beleive charter is starting it. TWC is doing it. Whether or not they enforce it yet, is a different story, but they are putting caps on usuage.

You guys are making me feel guilty.
I pay $35/mo to TWC for 50/5 with no data caps yet.
upload_2014-11-8_9-48-11.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)