New DP switch???? DP64 maybe??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
I though it would be interesting to know if dish plans on offering something with more sat inputs now that they have 129 online now, Echo11 goes up in 2007, along with the rumered 118.7, 85, and a few other slots. Now that HD is becoming bigger and bigger so will the need for new satellites and new locations. Do you guys think its just a matter of time before we see something bigger than a DPP44? I would like to know you alls input.

Not sure, but I was playing with a 411 the other day and noticed that the checkswitch screen supported 5 satellites, so anything is possible. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Not sure, but I was playing with a 411 the other day and noticed that the checkswitch screen supported 5 satellites, so anything is possible. :D
Scott, Can you clarify how the screen "supports 5 satellites"? I checked my 501 (P304) and found the following:
  • Install Summary Screen (Menu-6-1-1-Check Switch) has physical space for a minimum of 6 and up to 8 orbital locations.
  • System Info-One Screen (Menu-6-1-3) has a grid with space for 6 orbital locations.
Thanks, Red

BrettTRay said:
I though it would be interesting to know if dish plans on offering something with more sat inputs now that they have 129 online now, Echo11 goes up in 2007, along with the rumered 118.7, 85, and a few other slots. Now that HD is becoming bigger and bigger so will the need for new satellites and new locations. Do you guys think its just a matter of time before we see something bigger than a DPP44? I would like to know you alls input.
As you may well know the DPPTwin has two outs plus an input for a third orb slot....the presence of a 4th slot is ok because of the 4th input on the switch itself....The programming on 61.5 ,except sky angel and some locals, is redundant..SO unless the 61.5 is gong to be used for new programming, I don't see the need to go beyond a DPP 44.....But who knows.....Maybe you 're on to something there......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts