New DTV Satellite Launch Dates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Anyone know what each of the new DTV statellites launch dates are yet? I would like to know there timeline!

Oh great, another one on a French rocket. Expect delays. They should go back to the Russians for payloads.

9S was launched already. The Proton for D10, is probably Kazakhstan, Borat territory :). The Zenit-3 for D11 is Sea Launch. The dates are as stated, early spring for D10, sometime in the late summer I think for D11.

As far as I know Ariane it's not French rocket, it's European union rocket and did not have much delays lately. Russians are not on time always and they are operated by Ariane anyway. DTV 10 is scheduled for april with Proton and DTV11 for september with Zenith3 from Baikonur. So will see how Russians do.
http://www.lyngsat.com/launches/2007.html

The Ariane is an European rocket built by many countries in the EU. It's only launched on French territory as they are the closest to the equator.

Correct; as well, if by Russian the poster was referring to SeaLaunch; they are not Russian either. They are also a partnership: USA (Boeing 40%), Ukraine (SDO Yuzhnoye / PO Yuzhmash 15%), Russia (Energia 25%) and Norway (Aker Kværner 20%).

Has anyone looked at the dates at lyngsat? They are showing D10 to launch between July and Sep of 07 and D11 in June of 07. I thought spring?

Right, I think that was always the target month, at least as reported back in early fall/winter 2006. I thing spring was being rumored about, until the actual launch time frames were posted.

Does anyone have a reference to or knowledge of what each satellite is supposed to do, like finally put up some of the national HD channels DirecTV has been talking about for the last year?

The specifics and orbital locations are posted somewhere in one of the older threads. You might try searching DirecTV10 and/or DirecTV11, or some variation of .

Which Satellite will carry what programming?

Does anyone know which satellite will carry the new HD programming? By that I mean of the HD channels that DTV says they have a contract with, 70 or so channels so far. So which channels will be on DTV 10 and which on DTV 11? If DTV10 in up in June, and DTV 11 is up in September, how many of the current say 70 channels can DTV 10 carry?

If anyone knows more about the launch dates, let us know.

D*'s PR says once D10 and D11 go up they can do a total of 150 national HD channels. So I guess you can guess each can do 75 but nobody has said what the configuration is in public.

As for launch dates, neither launch company nor D* has announce a firm launch date, but we do know that the D11 launch, which was to be on Sealaunch will probably be delayed due to the malfunction (blow up) with the last launch.

As for launch dates, neither launch company nor D* has announce a firm launch date, but we do know that the D11 launch, which was to be on Sealaunch will probably be delayed due to the malfunction (blow up) with the last launch.

There has also been word that the sea launch explosion will not cause a delay....
They are also looking into other altenatives to get it up in the air.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts