New Dual Tuner OTA Adapter

Dish subbing this out is clearly what they did. A vendor ID swap is very easy to do, and it allows them to limit the hopper to only their branded adapter, and also makes it so it's harder to use their adapter on a PC.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Dish subbing this out is clearly what they did. A vendor ID swap is very easy to do, and it allows them to limit the hopper to only their branded adapter, and also makes it so it's harder to use their adapter on a PC.

Yep. They even used Hauppauge's naming convention, using the 955x model numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Well, I connected the OTA adapter to my PC running Windows 7 Professional. It recognized it and immediately started searching online for drivers for "955D." A quick Google search pulls up Hauppauge 950Q and 955Q dongles which look identical to this "955D" (assuming that means 955 'DISH'). So, I downloaded the drivers for 950Q and 955Q, but it didn't recognize the hardware.

There we have it, folks. Hauppauge is indeed the manufacturer and it appears to be identical to the 955Q.

It's not the 955Q, the 955Q is a single tuner dongle, it's the Hauppauge 955D that it's based on:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_dualhd.html

The Windows drivers for the 955D are here:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_dualhd.html

But the Windows drivers for the Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD TV model 01595 probably won't work with the Dish dual OTA adapter because they have different device IDs:

Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD TV model 01595 (USB device ID 2040:026d)

Dish dual OTA: (USB device ID 2040:826f)

You could possibly edit the windows driver file to change the ID number to the one that Dish has programmed in. That might be all that is needed to make it work on a Windows PC, but then why would you want to?

You could possibly edit the windows driver file to change the ID number to the one that Dish has programmed in. That might be all that is needed to make it work on a Windows PC, but then why would you want to?
Just because has been a pretty good reason for many things throughout history...

Reactions: navychop
So you were able to use the Dish dongle on your PC with the drivers for the Hauppauge Dual? Did you have to do anything special?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Nothing special, but I don't have a good TV tuner program on my Windows 10 laptop, so I had to go with Kodi and NextPVR to test the Dish dongle. I wanted to use Hauppauge's WinTV v8 application, but it's evidently tied to the hardware you buy it with, it wouldn't take the serial number that came with the Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD tuner card used in my home theater PC. I use Windows 8 Media Center with that tuner card.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)