New Eastern Arc DISH Network Install Issue - Local Channels, Buckhead Georgia

awhitney

Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Hi -

This is my first post, and my head is spinning as a new DISH Network customer. My wife and I have a second home on Lake Oconee near Buckhead Georgia (30625 Area Code). I had a new Eastern Arc HD dish installed three weeks ago because I had too much tree cover to go with anything else. I have a clear sight line East over the lake, but not south east.

DISH Network installed my Dish for the Eastern Arc, however the installer said "you're not supposed to get local channels, but for some reason you are." Local Channels are on the 61.5 satellite I believe, because when I started up my box two weeks ago, it located 61.5 and I had local channels plus the family 100. I called DISH tech support to make sure I was going to continue getting locals, and they said if I wanted locals I needed a second dish, but if I'm already recieving them then they should be there forever and there was nothing they could do to stop me getting them.

Well....I went to my house this past weekend and when I turned the box on (I unplugged it from before since it's a weekend home) the dish did not locate 61.5 but instead a satellite in the "70's" I believe. I did not receive any local channels, which is very upsetting since I got the dish to watch my local football teams in Atlanta and Georgia.

I thought about turning the box off and rotating the dish until I found 61.5, but I didn't do it.

So my question is - why did I recieve 61.5 and my local channels one week, and not the next? Is there something I can do with this Eastern Arc dish to get locals (61.5?) all of the time?

I appreciate any insights, as DISH tech support seems unprepared to tell me my options.

I appreciate any guidance on this issue. Thanks.

I am guessing you are some flavor of HD customer with a 1000.4 dish? If the 1000.4 was correctly oriented, perform a "check switch" with the receiver. It should tell you what satellites are visible. I predict this will be 61.5 and 72.1, and maybe even 77 since Echo 4 is up there. When Echo 8 arrives at 77 later this month, then you should definitely be seeing all 3 sats and be able to subscribe to anything available on Eastern Arc.

Now, according to Scott's post here, Atlanta, GA is a Western Arc market transitioning to Eastern Arc October 22nd. If Atlanta is your DMA, and you want local service, then you should be able to subscribe to them after October 22nd.

Try running the "Checkswitch" you should see both satellites after that. If you are in the Atlanta DMA, you should get the local 2,5,11, and 46 on Eastern Arc today and 17, 36, 69 in a few days. I am in Atlanta on Eastern Arc for about 3 weeks now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts