New Equipment Installation

orourke

Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
I just placed an order for a 4 room install (2 HD 811 receivers and 1 DVR 625).

My question is;

I currently have an old legacy (dish 300) install so I can receive Sky Angel. I would like to have the installer hook that dish up when he comes out. Is a DPP44 switch the only thing I need in order for him to hook it up or do I need to purchase additional equipment (i.e. a DP LNB) and what to expect the installer to charge for the additional satellite hook up.

Also, I've heard a lot about E* mirroring programming from 61.5 to 129. Does anyone know if they have or are planning to mirror Sky Angel as well? If so, I'll just pick it up on 129.

The installer would need a DP34 and a DP Dual to add in your Sky Angle. That will cost you $100. from Dish to do.

I assume that you are just adding Sky Angel programming to the new Dish equipment.

Also Sky Angle will not be on 129. They own their transponders on the 61.5.

Thank you for the response.

Wont the installer need a DP34 switch to hook up the dish 1000 when he comes out? I was thinking that the dish 1000 would have three LNB's and the dish 300 would add an additonal LNB. That's why I thought I would need a DPP44.

orourke said:
I just placed an order for a 4 room install (2 HD 811 receivers and 1 DVR 625).

My question is;

I currently have an old legacy (dish 300) install so I can receive Sky Angel. I would like to have the installer hook that dish up when he comes out. Is a DPP44 switch the only thing I need in order for him to hook it up or do I need to purchase additional equipment (i.e. a DP LNB) and what to expect the installer to charge for the additional satellite hook up.

Also, I've heard a lot about E* mirroring programming from 61.5 to 129. Does anyone know if they have or are planning to mirror Sky Angel as well? If so, I'll just pick it up on 129.

Don't know about any Sky Angel move....
The DPP 44 is the ticket..Caution! The lnb on the 18" dish must be a DISH PRO LNB

Thank's guy's,

I just picked up a DP LNB for $29.00. Do you think the installer will want more moneyto instal the additionsl dish? The dish is already point to 61.5.

As far as the need for a dish 1000. When I called Dish Network they told me they were sending a dish 1000 and that it was the only way I could receive my local's (my locals are on 129).

I guess that is O.K. At least I'll will be able to get Voom as well.

I'm inclined to agree with the DPP44 switch suggestions. It should be a matter of the installer simply modifying the workorder to reflect the change from DP34. I've never once had Dish give me any grief about such a modification. Not to mention it's a whole lot easier to use existing in-house wiring.

If the installer does use the DPP44, then you should be able to piggyback on that switch with your own DP Dual from the existing Dish 300. Good luck

Orourke, do yourself a favor and call Dish Network back so they are aware that you have SkyAngel and will be needing the DPP44. If not, chances are the installer will show up without one and you will be set up for a reschedule. If I may ask, who did you get your SkyAngel from and why not call a local retailer?

First, because of getting 3 separate receivers, the D1000 will be set up with a DP-Twin and DP34 instead of the usual DPPlus-Twin.

If you get grief over the DPP44, and only need Sky Angel on EITHER the 625 or 1-2 of the 811s, you can cascade 1-2 DP21 switches onto 1-2 of the DP34's receiver output(s). Note that you can NOT put the 61.5 dish on just one of the 625's tuners - it has to be on both or neither.

wobbie said:
Orourke, do yourself a favor and call Dish Network back so they are aware that you have SkyAngel and will be needing the DPP44. If not, chances are the installer will show up without one and you will be set up for a reschedule. If I may ask, who did you get your SkyAngel from and why not call a local retailer?

I currently have a 3' FTA dish up which replaced my dish 300. However, I have a lifetime subscription to Sky Angel (which I bought directly from Sky Angel) and figured if I was having new equipment installed I might want to look at setting the dish 300 up again and use it with my other receivers. That way I could take down the bigger 3' dish and remove the reciever.

orourke said:
Thank's guy's,

I just picked up a DP LNB for $29.00. Do you think the installer will want more moneyto instal the additionsl dish? The dish is already point to 61.5.

As far as the need for a dish 1000. When I called Dish Network they told me they were sending a dish 1000 and that it was the only way I could receive my local's (my locals are on 129).

I guess that is O.K. At least I'll will be able to get Voom as well.

From my POV I would not charge addl isntall for a D300 already there and peaked....
If the the tech is a DNSC tech,or a DNS sub contractor he cannot charge you...the w/o will explain it all..if you ordered the system thru dish or asales partner you would have paid any applicable charges at the time of purchase...be wary of a contractor that tries to charge you extra...As a DNS sub contractor tech, we are not permitted to charge the customer for any STANDARD WORK......pole mts. wall fishes, attic crawls etc are not chargebale to the cust
..Excess cable burial, hardwire phone lines and custom work are not STANDARD and are chargeable

dishcomm said:
From my POV I would not charge addl isntall for a D300 already there and peaked....
If the the tech is a DNSC tech,or a DNS sub contractor he cannot charge you...the w/o will explain it all..if you ordered the system thru dish or asales partner you would have paid any applicable charges at the time of purchase...be wary of a contractor that tries to charge you extra...As a DNS sub contractor tech, we are not permitted to charge the customer for any STANDARD WORK......pole mts. wall fishes, attic crawls etc are not chargebale to the cust
..Excess cable burial, hardwire phone lines and custom work are not STANDARD and are chargeable

There are a lot of people (me included!) that will take exception to the "wall fishes" portion of "standard work" Sorry dude, I feel it's a custom situation. Too many older homes are out there and the risk can be substantial. And I won't even get into the perils of fishing an outside wall. Maybe Van can answer this one since he's a direct employee for Dish, but can anyone actually define "standard install?"

can anyone actually define "standard install?"
That argument has been going on for years. It's not even the same within DNSC itself - different offices have different rules.

For me, standard is one exterior wall penetration per receiver. It might be single, might be dual RG-6 - depending. No pole mounts, no burial, nothing requiring more than a 12' ladder, no steep roofs.

Wall mount is usually recommended - or low roof mount. This is snow country.

On the other side, mud rings and wall plates are included if requested, diplexers and splitters are included, and I'll hook up more than 4 rooms - if the cable is already there.

I also spend as much time as necessary with the customer for training, I program their remotes for them, and will do the best possible TV hook-ups including VCR/DVD connection "upgrade" if appropriate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)