New error message #894 - RESOLVED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rharkins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Kansas City, MO USA
We recorded a few movies from the last HBO free preview on our original Hopper attached to our Sony Bravia TV. When I try to play one of them I get Attention #894:

The receiver had detected that the HD television or the digital connection to the TV does not support HDCP copy protection. Because this event follows HDCP, this event is not available for playback at this TV.

We've never seen this one before, and I'm sure we've recorded some HBO programming in the past. We've done multiple reboots and power cycles with no success. I seem to recall some diagnostic screen that mentions HDCP, but I can't look at it until after PTAT ends.

Any ideas?

Update: Changed HDMI ports on the TV and all is well. Probably something in that port on the TV...

Last edited:
For future reference, you can hit YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - HDMI - HDCP and check the following fields :-

hdcp_state should be ENCRYPTED and hdcp_enable should be 1

On channels such as HBO and Cinemax you will see the hdcp_enforce field set as 1. For most (if not all) other channels, this field will be at 0.

Is this different than the broadcast flag (which I know was invalidated)? I know what HDCP is but I think the broadcast flag, when it was still enacted, would just drop resolution down but wouldn't necessarily block the signal altogether.

For future reference, you can hit YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - HDMI - HDCP and check the following fields :-

hdcp_state should be ENCRYPTED and hdcp_enable should be 1

On channels such as HBO and Cinemax you will see the hdcp_enforce field set as 1. For most (if not all) other channels, this field will be at 0.

WOW, good info 3HaloODST. So what can we do if it doesn't look correct?

WOW, good info 3HaloODST. So what can we do if it doesn't look correct?

Reboot, power off/on TV, change HDMI ports, change HDMI cables, or possibly nothing can be done but switch to component cables (particularly if the TV was made before 2006.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)