New feature - HDMI-CEC

On both of my kids' TV, which is attached to Joeys, if the TV is left on HDMI, it will turn TV and Joey on...but if TV is left on another input for their Wii th TV will not turn on. I have to turn TV on manually and switch to the correct input

HTC One

In my case this fights with the tv. I turn on the hopper, it turns on the tv, which promptly turns the hopper off via the IR blaster. :(

So I turned this feature off.

In my case this fights with the tv. I turn on the hopper, it turns on the tv, which promptly turns the hopper off via the IR blaster. :(

So I turned this feature off.

Yep, all of us have different configurations of equipment. I guess this HDMI-CEC will work for some, but not all. I have mine shut off becasue it turned my Hopper back on after shutting it off....

So far this feature has shortened my shutdown routine by exactly 2 key presses (now aux for my Onkyo non-HDMI receiver with rca stereo out from the TV and the power button, followed by the TV power button, turning off the TV and HWS receiver). Startup however is still the same, aux->power, TV power button, and then press either select or the sat button to turn the receiver on (i.e. pressing either the TV power button or the sat button alone on startup fails to turn on both the sat and TV combo, don't know why since it works on shutdown). I have a 2009 Toshiba HDTV with Regza-link.

I like the feature but I'll probably need to disable it. I have my hopper connected to HDMI 1, but every time I turn it on it changes my input to HDMI 3 (nothings connected to HDMI 3). I actually have everything running through a Denon receiver with one HDMI from Denon to tv on HDMI 1. Any idea why it wants to change my input?

HDMI-CEC with Panasonic TC-L42E5 on Joey not working quite right.

-Enabled HDMI-CEC on Hopper/Joey
-On TV Viera Link ON
-Power On ON
-Power Off ON

Turning on both via the top button on the Dish remote only turns on the Joey
Turning off the TV via the lower red button does turn both off

I thought the turning on should do both.

I have a single Hopper running S418nacb attached to a Samsung UN60F8000 that supports CEC. Ever since the S418nacb update on 11-19-2013 every morning my TV is on. The Hopper is off but sometime during the night the Hooper turned the TV back on. This has happened every single night except for a couple nights ago when I disconnected the HDMI cable from the Hopper to the TV. Anyone have any ideas what's going on or how to stop it?

I have a single Hopper running S418nacb attached to a Samsung UN60F8000 that supports CEC. Ever since the S418nacb update on 11-19-2013 every morning my TV is on. The Hopper is off but sometime during the night the Hooper turned the TV back on. This has happened every single night except for a couple nights ago when I disconnected the HDMI cable from the Hopper to the TV. Anyone have any ideas what's going on or how to stop it?

Try using HDMI 2 ARC

Liking the CEC function on my bedroom system. Working perfectly with my Vizio. Don't know about family room haven't noticed a difference using Harmony remote.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Sounds like your hopper is torturing you by turning your tv on while you sleep.;)

Thanks for posting this thread with instructions to disable HDMI-CEC. I had to disable the HDMI Control because I use the Hopper for 2 TVs. One is through the HDMI into a Denon 1912 and then a Panasonic plasma. But I also use the component cables for a bedroom tv. The Panasonic does a great job of controlling the Denon but the Hopper remote for the bedroom TV kept turning on the Denon and plasma automatically. Oh well, it will probably be a good change for my second Hopper that's a lot simpler setup.

My Thanks for the thread as well, I have an HDMI splitter and run HDMI cables from both the hopper and joey to multiple TV's, Could not figure out why TV's throughout the House kept turning themselves on and off and changing inputs, Ghosts??? :).

The only thing I noticed about this is if we want to go to sleep with music on but TV off have to disable CEC no other way to turn off TV and keep Hopper on.

I ran in to this today putting up the tree. We wanted the music on but the tv off. Each time I turned the tv off the music on the surround sound shut off too.

One of the problems with the new software is the HDMI-CEC, the problem is that it is already activated when you receive it. When I turned on my Mitsubishi TV the HDMI-CEC says Cable 1080i. When I turn it off it goes back to my original settings, which is 1080i Satellite, maybe this is why some people are having problems with no picture on their TV, because the HDMI-CEC is changing the input on the TV.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts