New "Feature" on the 522!!!

At first I thought it was the s-video cable. So i hooked that exact cable to the dvd player, and NO lines.

So then I tried Coax, then I tried regual video.... Still, all had the same lines. The weird part is that it is not 100% of the time.

Sometimes I'll just be watching and all of a sudden think "HEY NO LINES!" and then later on in the day I'll turn it back on and think "damn their back"

ONE OTHER WEIRD THING!

In 2 months the fan has NEVER gone on (while i was watching/around). However, right around the time these lines started showing up, the fan now seems to come on and off. (No the fan is not causing the lines, because even if it is off, they are still there)
SO whats the deal dish?

J3ff, has Dish sent any techs out to look at this yet, or suggested any fixes for it? I'm assuming that the problem with both our 522's is that we both have bad receivers (??). I only hope the tech will actually know what he's doing this coming Saturday.

Dish has not responded to my emails, im a lil too busy at the moment to call them...... what has your response been?

J3ff said:
Dish has not responded to my emails, im a lil too busy at the moment to call them...... what has your response been?

I haven't done anything yet but call phone tech support. I'm currently waiting this coming Saturday for my appt with a tech...who will hopefully NOT be an installation subcontractor of theirs!

arent they all subcontracters? I thought dish didnt have real installers

My bet a installer subcontrator with a new 522 and clueless about the problem just there to change out the receiver.

It occurred in my case from the beginning, and an RMA swapout didn't fix it. Finally got an installer to come look at it; he said it's interference from cellular antennas on a nearby building. However, my original 311 didn't have this problem...

Is anything else (non-satellite related) having problems? I don't believe a cell tower would cause interference on a 522. If it caused any problems, it would be with the satellite signal so it would show up on all of your receivers.

chaddux said:
Is anything else (non-satellite related) having problems? I don't believe a cell tower would cause interference on a 522. If it caused any problems, it would be with the satellite signal so it would show up on all of your receivers.
The problem isn't with the satellite signal; it's with the 522's RF output. Apparently something in the 522's TV1 RF-output circuit is being affected by the cell antennas just outside my door. The installer says it doesn't affect all equipment the same way.

Ok so where does this leave me? Returning the 522? I have a MAJOR cell antenna about 1/4 mile from my house.

You can actually change the signal for the remote. It is supposed to be used if your neighbor has a 522 and is changing your channel. Might try that option and see if it helps any.

A question... the manual doesnt cover the addressing proceedure... for say the 811... well both my 811 and 510 are on channel 1... I need to change on eof them... the only function the 510 picks up from the 811 remote is the power button and vice versa. But its an interesting argument.

Whats the proceedure for re adressing the remotes? (UHF)

For the 522, to change the UHF signal:

1. Make sure you turn on the TV.
2. Press the front panel SYSTEM INFO button to display the System Info screen. The System Info screen shows the Secondary Remote Address.
Write down this address:
3. Press and hold the SAT button on Remote Control 2 for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of the SAT button.
4. Use the NUMBER PAD buttons to enter any number between 1 and 16, but not the one you wrote in step 2.
Write down the number you entered:
5. Press the POUND (#) button. If you entered the address correctly, the SAT mode will flash three times.
6. Press the RECORD button.
7. Make sure the Secondary Remote Address you see on the System Info screen is the same as the one you entered in step 4. If it isn’t, the remote cannot control the receiver.
8. Press the SELECT button to close the Important System Information screen.

Checking the Remote Control Address
1. Press and hold the SAT mode button for three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of the SAT button.
2. Press the POUND (#) button twice. The SAT mode button will flash the same number of times as the address number (three flashes means address 3).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)