New feature?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TMaud

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
I'm not sure if I stumbled upon a new feature, but I don't recall seeing it before.
Last night while I was watching a show, I decided I wanted to record it. So I reversed to the beginning of the show and pressed the record button. A menu came up providing me with the choice or recording to TV1 or TV2.
I don't recall having that choice before. Did I just miss it before or is it new?

Thanks

It should do that if you're in single mode. Dual mode, though, I don't believe you can chose which tuner to send it to.

Bizzach said:
It should do that if you're in single mode. Dual mode, though, I don't believe you can chose which tuner to send it to.
I am in dual mode and this option appeared when I enabled Record Plus. It only gives you the option of choosing when you use the record button while watching a live program. If you set up a recording through the guide, you do not see this option...it gets sent to your preferred tuner.

GRS1959 said:
It only gives you the option of choosing when you use the record button while watching a live program. If you set up a recording through the guide, you do not see this option...it gets sent to your preferred tuner.

Thats what I see. It would be nice if you were able to choose when recording throught the guide too. Instead of having to go to the menu\Record Plus and change to the one you want to record to.

RBBrittain said:
Record Plus is a dual-mode feature. I think you must have dual mode and single mode confused; it's single mode that doesn't give you a choice.

It does give you a choice... if you have pip active it will ask which one to record in. if you dont it shoves it to the unused tuner.

but it is a different choice than what was asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)