New Feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
Finally got around to digging out my c/ku feed. How good would this do on my 10' fiberglass prodelin? This came off a 10' Winegard Pinnacle (button hook). Hopefully I will get around to getting it going tomorrow. I believe I have a servo motor laying around somewhere. lnb.JPGfeedhorn.JPGscalar.JPGnorsatcband.JPGsatronku.JPG

Last edited:
It should do every bit as well as any C/Ku combo lnbf (most likely better) if you have the means to control polarity. Keep in mind that receiving Ku on a bud will take a lot of tweaking on the dish. Dish alignment is much more critical for receiving Ku signals (but rain fade is not nearly as bad).

It should work great, love having a polorotor to fine tune transponders.

StarScan,

That appears to be a Seavey ESR-124; a high dollar item. It's available in 3 different f/D ranges and if the one you have is well matched to your reflector f/D it's supposed to be an excellent performer. (see attached specs) There should be a label on it giving the model number and f/D suffix. Does yours have that label and, if so, could you post that number? The reason I ask is I have one that appears to be the exact one you have and mine is missing the label so I don't know the f/D range. It may be the .30-.34 since it has the reduced C-Band throat size, which would broaden the illumination pattern. Also, could you measure the inside diameter of the ku throat and how far it's behind the C-band throat? I pulled mine out of a pile of scrap aluminum and the ku throat was missing. If I have those dimensions I can make a replacement. The original servo had screw terminals and the one on mine was shot. It's been a while, but I think a Chaparral servo will work. I may have had to make a minor mod to the servo drive tang.

View attachment Seavey ESR-124H-8539-800E.pdf

Is there something I can get to control the polarity? I know the asc1 can but its a bit pricey.

Most any old analog sat receiver will,free or cheap,and can move the dish too.Even a bad ID/dead battery 4DTV(920 or 922) would work for that and,if you put the new maps in it,will get whatever "free" digital(DCII) channels that are still up there,just have to put a new battery in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)