SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
GEOSATpro DSR-R100 Series Rack Mount Series
New Firmware / Editor / Loader

This is beta firmware and has passed round one with my testing.

Great, fast Blind Scans.

The New Editor / Loader works great and properly assigns satellites, transponders and start-up defaults.

Not updated satellite list. That is usually that last item.

Would you like the satellites sorted by position and mixed C and KU or by position and separate grouped C and grouped KU? Comments? Preferences?

View attachment 59188

View attachment 59189

Thank you very much for making this available.

Just so you know, I'm getting a trojan horse warning when I open the installer file.
Maybe something got into it?

GEOSATPro_DSRR100_ChEdit_9.4.exe Trojan Horse Downloader.Swizzor.QOP

Should problems be posted in the forums or PM'd?

Last edited:
I believe Ice had suggested that on the KU side, to use Standard, 10750 and 22K on?
When I changed it to Universal, 5150-10750, 22K Auto, blind scan worked.

I'll play with it some more and see if I can scan things in now. The firmware load went just fine by the way.

Last edited:
The file is clean before WinZipping. I have observed similar warnings on files that were not included in virus detection program index.

Questions and issues can be PMed or posted in forum.

I believe Ice had suggested that on the KU side, to use Standard, 10750 and 22K on?
When I changed it to Universal, 5150-10750, 22K Auto, blind scan worked.

Essentially your unconventional selection yields the same end result is what Iceberg suggested. Universal type will apply a 22KHz tone and use the second LO frequency for frequencies above 11.7GHz.

Essentially your unconventional selection yields the same end result is what Iceberg suggested. Universal type will apply a 22KHz tone and use the second LO frequency for frequencies above 11.7GHz.

Yes, unconventional because the 'normal' methods aren't working any more and I'm trying to get leads on why.

The machine is acting differently with the new firmware updates. It is unusable as it stands.
What would you suggest? I am happy to try what ever you'd like me to, test, what ever.

Last edited:
Motor control no longer works this morning either. When I pick other satellites and try to motor into a signal, the controller is not getting a signal. Connections haven't changed. I have unplugged both receiver and controller for a couple of minutes just in case but this made no difference.

W5 continues to come in at least since the motor was left on that position. Using the remote control, I can still control the motor as well so nothing appears to be wrong with the motor.

Last edited:
The file is clean before WinZipping. I have observed similar warnings on files that were not included in virus detection program index.
Questions and issues can be PMed or posted in forum.

The notice came from a fully updated AVG scanner on the PC I opened the file on. Sometimes there are false positives but always good to look into them.

Yes, unconventional because the 'normal' methods aren't working any more and I'm trying to get leads on why.

The machine is acting differently with the new firmware updates. It is unusable as it stands.
What would you suggest? I am happy to try what ever you'd like me to, test, what ever.

We have tested extensively with 10 receivers, so I suggest that the set-up is incorrect if standard LNB LO settings do not select your correct LNB LO or switch.

Did you load with the new Loader software? Perform Factory reset after loading? Unplug the power for 10 seconds after resetting?

Might be best that you call in for support as these issues are not related to the firmware or satellite / channel list.

>I suggest that the set-up is incorrect if standard LNB LO settings do not select
>your correct LNB LO or switch.

Fair enough. I've posted my setup, it's nothing special. I have the new LNBF on a 6' dish. I'm using the loop cable, then from RCV on the LNBF to the motor controller, then that out to the receiver LNB input. From the geosat, loop out goes to my 410.

>Did you load with the new Loader software?

Yes.

>Perform Factory reset after loading?
>Unplug the power for 10 seconds after resetting?

The upgrade doc doesn't mention having to do these things so I'm assuming you're asking if I've done those things since the update?
I've not factory reset but I have unplugged the unit a couple of times now.

Should I perform the upgrade again?
If so, which steps should be taken in what order.
Factory default first or after the update or both?
Unplug before or after the update?

>Might be best that you call in for support as these issues are not related to the >firmware or satellite / channel list.

I don't mind trying a few things here first if you would prefer. I don't have anything to lose on the receiver right now either.

Last edited:
Motor control no longer works this morning either. When I pick other satellites and try to motor into a signal, the controller is not getting a signal. Connections haven't changed. I have unplugged both receiver and controller for a couple of minutes just in case but this made no difference.

W5 continues to come in at least since the motor was left on that position. Using the remote control, I can still control the motor as well so nothing appears to be wrong with the motor.

USALS and DiSEqC 1.2 motor control is operating correctly. I also believe that the receiver was not set to factory default after loading the new firmware / satellite / transponder list. When upgrading to New Firmware it is always best practice to perform a factory reset. As new satellites and positions are now loaded into the receiver, the old positions may no longer be correctly referenced.

When the firmware is updated, the previously saved DiSEqC 1.2 satellite positions in your old list may be returned to the default. You must select and save each satellite position again. Note: if you know the previous satellite position number referenced by your positioner controller, you could enter the position number in the editor and transfer the channel list.

Personally, I would perform a factory Default reset and build a channel list on a more current satellite and transponder list.

>USALS and DiSEqC 1.2 motor control is operating correctly.

As the machine stands now, no, it's not. Even if the motor positions are wrong, that doesn't answer why the receiver is no longer moving the motor.

> I also believe that the receiver was not set to factory default after loading the new firmware / satellite / transponder list.

What's to guess, I've been posting what's happening as I go about it.

>When upgrading to New Firmware it is always best practice to perform a factory reset.

This isn't noted in the upgrade PDF which comes with the software so no way to know this. Perhaps add an updated steps PDF into the update?
I'll factory reset it and see what happens. Again, do you want me to do the update over or just go ahead and factory default?

>Note: if you know the previous satellite position number referenced by your positioner controller, you could enter the position number
>in the editor and transfer the channel list.

Yes, this is how I've been finding things quicker so that's a good tip.

>I would perform a factory Default reset and build a channel list on a more current satellite and transponder list.

---

Update.

I unplugged the receiver for 10 seconds.
Plugged it back in, then factory reset the unit.
I then unplugged it again for 10 seconds.
Since I leave the dish at 105W, I went to the C menu of 105 and saved my motor setting.
I then went to the KU menu on 105, set my LNB to Standard, with 22K on.
Since I don't need to move the motor, went to Blind Scan. It ends in two seconds at most and goes back to main screen.
I changed the KU 105 LNB settings to Universal, 22K goes to auto and went back to Blind Scan.
The unit now runs a Blind Scan. Didn't return any findings.
Went to 103W settings, C side first. LNB is set to Standard, 5150, 22K Off.
Went to Blind scan, doesn't work. Would have to change it to Universal.

PS: Motor no longer responds again.

I'm NOT making this nonsense up. This is what is happening.
What would you like me to do/try next.

Maybe the new LNB is messed up? I can't call in for support since I don't believe I bought the unit from you and you also don't believe it's the firmware.
The problems pretty much started when I installed the new LNB I think.

Try a direct connection to either the KU or C-band side of the LNBF then ...... please call for support. We will provide assistance for you in this situation since we manufactured the receiver and release the firmware. It sounds like the reseller of the GEOSATpro DSR-R100 may not be able to properly assist with your purchase.

>It sounds like the reseller of the GEOSATpro DSR-R100 may not be able to
>properly assist with your purchase.[/QUOTE]

The reseller doesn't know enough about his own products to help. Like I said, live and learn as you go :). I appreciate your help.

I need to get a phone in the basement so I can talk and not have to run up/downstairs so will call in the morning.

I am requesting Iceberg to hide or delete this thread until we can resolve your issue in case there is anything in the firmware that has disabled your receiver. :eek:

Worked with Mike via the telephone this PM and we determined that the firmware is working properly. The LNBF may not be properly switching bands with the internal switch and the dish is sufficiently aligned for C-band, but poor KU-band alignment.

Mike bypassed the switch, set correct LO and performed successful blind scans. Reset several satellite positions in DiSEqC 1.2 and confirmed correct actuator movement and setting with the controller.

Thanks for temporarily removing this thread until the beta firmware was reconfirmed. Better safe than sorry!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)