New firmware in Boston on HD DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Received new firmware.

'My DVR' now goes to a menu with 'My Recordings','Scheduled Recordings','Make a Recording', and you need to select one. A bitof a pain.

Also, fonts are smaller and the small description on the guide page to the left of the small picture now shows a good part of the description of a show, about 3 lines worth.

They fixed the problem that was when it put up the 'delete' menu when a show finishes, you can now hit reverse or 30-sec back and the delete goes away and it goes back!

And 'On Demand' now loads in less than 2 seconds. Used to take up to 20 or so.

All in all pretty good.

Now my real question.....About 18 months ago TIVO announced they were writing firmware for Comcast DVR boxes out in 11/2005 or so. I was at the tivo developers convention then in 6/2005.

What ever happenned to this release????

We received the firmware earlier this month. I've been a bit disappointed with it. There are now issues with my HDMI interface that didn't exist before. The picture and audio will just blank out. I have to turn the TV off and on to get it back. It happens every other day. I have been using the HDMI interface without any issues prior to the firmware update.

Hopefully, they will fix this soon.

New Firmware in Miami

I have the 6412 box and got a firmware upgrade about a month ago. I HATE IT!! Everything has slowed WAY down, using the guide freezes for 5-10 seconds, then seems to "catch up" and invariable go past what I wanted. I've had to unplug the power 3 times and let it reboot just to fix other wacky issues. I'm going to switch the box out for a 3412...

What is the firmware number?

Received new firmware.

'My DVR' now goes to a menu with 'My Recordings','Scheduled Recordings','Make a Recording', and you need to select one. A bitof a pain.

Also, fonts are smaller and the small description on the guide page to the left of the small picture now shows a good part of the description of a show, about 3 lines worth.

They fixed the problem that was when it put up the 'delete' menu when a show finishes, you can now hit reverse or 30-sec back and the delete goes away and it goes back!

And 'On Demand' now loads in less than 2 seconds. Used to take up to 20 or so.

All in all pretty good.

Now my real question.....About 18 months ago TIVO announced they were writing firmware for Comcast DVR boxes out in 11/2005 or so. I was at the tivo developers convention then in 6/2005.

What ever happenned to this release????

What S/W version should it say if you got the update? Currently my S/W ver: 74.53-3321, is this the latest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)