New firmware version for Elite HD, Premium HD, Ultra HD and Premium HD Plus models

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AzBox Canada is proud to present firmware version 0.9.5400 for the Elite HD, Premium HD, Ultra HD and Premium HD Plus models.
It features many performance improvements and includes the Priority Manager 1.8 plugin preinstalled, courtesy of Buyukbang. This plugin helps to manage the many processes running on the unit and terminates any unused ones based on the current activity in order to better manage system resources so the system as a whole should run much faster than before.

Several bug fixes and enhancements have also been made including:
- Fixed streaming from AzBox to PC which was broken since 0.9.5306
- Fixed recording issues
- Fixed timeshift performance
- Improved speed when changing channels
- New boot logo
- Updated North American satellites in list. To use this list, you will have to do a factory reset after installing the firmware.
- Incorporated channels download functionality on our server where you can download empty or pre-scanned channel lists in order to make it easier to setup your system from scratch. We will soon be adding channel lists for the most popular systems used here in North America.

If you have your receiver connected to your network, you may upgrade to this version simply by changing your update URL to http://fw.azbox.ca using the green button with Firmware upgrade <- Internet -> selected in System information. You may also update manually by downloading the firmware file from http://fw.azbox.ca using your computer and saving it on root level folder of your USB drive named as "patch.bin" and rebooting your AzBox with the drive plugged in.

Although this update won't erase your scanned channels, it is recommended to make a backup of your scanned channels if you haven't done so already in order to restore them if required. You may do so by copying the following 3 files from your AzBox to your PC by using FTP

/DISK2/all_channels.dat
/DISK2/antenna_settings.dat
/DISK2/DVBS.dat

Hope you all love this new firmware and please do post some feedback of how it's working out for you.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

P.S. Youtube has not been fixed yet with this version. However, we will be looking into that soon.

Last edited:
Guess you are still working on the upload. I don't see this version in the link above.

PwrSurge,
Thanks for the release. Any inside info if a new version of E2 or AZtrino 2.0 will happen for HD boxes? Hasn't been a release in a long time...

PwrSurge,
Thanks for the release. Any inside info if a new version of E2 or AZtrino 2.0 will happen for HD boxes? Hasn't been a release in a long time...

I can't speak for E2 as it is non-official third party firmware but I'm sure a version of AZtrino 2.0 will eventually become available for these models. However, it will never have all of the functionality that the original firmware has so we still recommend using this firmware for day to day use.

Regards,

PwrSurge

- Incorporated channels download functionality on our server where you can download empty or pre-scanned channel lists in order to make it easier to setup your system from scratch. We will soon be adding channel lists for the most popular systems used here in North America.
I like this one!

Just a quick question Pwrsurge. I am a bit confused re your mentioning about doing a reset to get the latest Satellite List. If I load this upgrade (as before) onto my USB Stick and then plug it into my AzBox Premium Plus will it cause any problems with my existing 37 Satellite List and 37 Scanned in Satellites?

Just a quick question Pwrsurge. I am a bit confused re your mentioning about doing a reset to get the latest Satellite List. If I load this upgrade (as before) onto my USB Stick and then plug it into my AzBox Premium Plus will it cause any problems with my existing 37 Satellite List and 37 Scanned in Satellites?

If you are using an existing satellite list and are OK with it, you don't need to do a factory reset after loading this firmware. However, your satellite list will remain the same as what you are currently using now. All satellite settings should be preserved when installing this firmware assuming you are not upgrading from a really old version (i.e. older than 0.9.5xxx). Regardless, it is always a good idea to make a backup of your channels and satellite settings before doing any upgrade so that they can easily be restored if required.

For people who want to setup their receiver from scratch by configuring and scanning all satellites, doing a factory reset after installing this new firmware will allow the old satellite list to be upgraded to the new satellite list. This list has updated transponders, DCII transponders were removed from the list in order to reduce clutter and 87W was renamed from AMC 3 to SES 2.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Ran the new firmware (thanks PwrSurge!) through its paces today. Seems to be working well, and do notice a slight increase in channel changing (seem to notice it more when going from one satellite to another on my various switches). Can confirm streaming (not that I use it much, but do like the option) is working again. I upgraded to the new firmware from 5306, which was the last firmware where streaming worked both ways.

Did a variety of test recordings on various channels and configurations, all seemed good, except for the new PBS mux. When recording any of the channels on the mux, whether HD or SD, the recording did work, but when playing back if you hit the information button it showed zero time played or recorded. Of course, that meant that you can't skip forward or back, and at the end of the recording (which played fine otherwise) the image froze instead of returning to the recorded menu (had to hit exit to return to the menu).

I then backed down to the 5306 firmware, and it did the same thing, so it must be something about that mux. Obviously, I haven't recorded anything on that new mux before, or I would have noticed it.

After that I re-installed the new firmware, and while I still have a few other things to check, so far I like the improvements, so it is a keeper! Thanks again PwrSurge, keep up the excellent work!

Works good here, thanks.
Noticed audio on some feeds (105) seem to work properly now.
Kept my old channel list, was working fine before, still seems ok.
:)

Thanks for upgrade. Can u please fix east limit set upon blindscan (using Gbox v3000) for next firmware upgrade.
Will look forward .... thanks again !

Thanks for upgrade. Can u please fix east limit set upon blindscan (using Gbox v3000) for next firmware upgrade.
Will look forward .... thanks again !

This is an outstanding issue need fixing. Great job pwrsurge

P.S. Youtube has not been fixed yet with this version. However, we will be looking into that soon.

Currently testing a youtube fix and will be releasing a new firmware version very soon with youtube fixed. :)

Regards,

PwrSurge

I just upgraded to this version. I had to reinstall plugins but they are now working ok. The box is connecting to the internet for plugin downloads and responds to a ping but I cannot talk to the box with Maz or Putty or Filezilla each time I get a connection refused error. Is the username and password still root and azbox ?
Thanks
Tony

I just upgraded to this version. I had to reinstall plugins but they are now working ok. The box is connecting to the internet for plugin downloads and responds to a ping but I cannot talk to the box with Maz or Putty or Filezilla each time I get a connection refused error. Is the username and password still root and azbox ?
Thanks
Tony

Username and password are still the same. Make sure that both telnet and FTP services are enabled in the Network Service menu as they sometimes get disabled after doing an upgrade.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts