New FTA install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I doubt that you can lock on any of those Anik signals, except maybe a feed on F1R ( if the feed is active ). Your receiver is not capable of tuning the Decipher II and 8psk stuff on the bird. AMC 15 at 105W has a hot test card on 11927 V 3984 , if you're looking for an active tp.

:)

Brent

Are you just trying to get ANY FTA bird for practice aiming ? or are you looking for programming ? Mostly for programming, G10R at 123W is the major satellite , since it has quite a few desireable channels. For G10R, the 11805 H 4580 transponder is a powerful one.

:)

Brent

For standard , 10750, universal has a high and low I think, 9750/10600 -your rec should list the freq for you to pick when setting up a satellite..
I wonder if you are trying to set up your dish with a tv out there where you can see it. That's the easiest way to align it. Here's what I would do, just to locate A satellite, any at all. Take the small tv, short coax cable out there and hook it up to the L port of the lnb, hook up the television. Pick a satellite, lets just say 97 -G25, lots of transponders. Set up your lnb in the setup screen for that sat, and pick a transponder, any one of them for starters. Loosen the bolts where you can adjust your dish, and swing it east from the Anik location and watch the signal strength screen. When you hit ANY satellite on KU it will bump the signal meter up some. Move dish slowly...it takes a second or two for the box to catch up and show something. When you hit signal activity-stop there and blind scan. See what you get.
I've found that works on any of my receivers. Without a signal meter, I can find most any sat up there in 10-15min that way. You just have to figure out where you are once you find something, then calculate where you want to move the dish to then.

Last edited:
:) Thanks to voomvoom I know that I have a linear LNB.

Now I'm point at AnikF2 but on my SonicView 4000 Signal Meter I get the following:

S:65
Q:0

Do I need to tweak the LNB Frequency or the Transponder:D

Signal just tells you that you are getting a signal from your LNB. The Q Quality is what will come up when you actually find something.

Let us know how things are going:)

Ok, I took the receiver and my little TV outside trying to get a signal from 123.0W Galaxy 10R using Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps to point to it I played around with it for about an hour. So either my pointing sucks or I have a piece of bad h/w (everything is new)!

1.) So my question is if my h/w is good how can I improve my pointing? Will a compass help? etc....

2.) If it is my h/w how would I go about troubleshooting it?

:confused:

Ok, I took the receiver and my little TV outside trying to get a signal from 123.0W Galaxy 10R using Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps to point to it I played around with it for about an hour. So either my pointing sucks or I have a piece of bad h/w (everything is new)!

1.) So my question is if my h/w is good how can I improve my pointing? Will a compass help? etc....

2.) If it is my h/w how would I go about troubleshooting it?

:confused:

I would try the suggestions of turbosat above. Sooner or later you will find something.

mbw just keep strokin (Baretta quote ) you'll get something. I looked for G10 for 2hrs once, then thought about the lnb cable again, sure enough, I hadn't even plugged it into the lnbf. It was sprinkling rain and I just stuck the cover back on the lnb in a hurry and hadnt connected the thing! So,dont be discouraged for just an hour's hit and miss. Little at a time - yu'll get it.

I once looked for G-10R for almost two hours before realizing the LNB was skewed for 97w, and I hadn't corrected it... D'OH! After I adjusted that, I found the signal in less than a minute.

Skew can make the difference between no signal and perfect signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts