New FTA satellite receiver model coming out in UK

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
In UK, there's a exotic new FTA satellite receiver called GigaBlue UHD quad 4K, with Full Band Capture "FTC" with small TFT video display on the receiver's box.

Little pricey at £ 249 Pounds.

Are they new models are coming out for 2022?

Just curious. :hungry2 :hatsoff

UHD is dying. Only UHD feed on satellite is Love Nature on 43w. FOX doesn't even do 4k backhauls anymore . They Upconvert from 1080p

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Okay try again.... :hatsoff

I would not buy a receiver without good blind scan in North America since that is key to the hobby. But I can see in Europe or Asia where people just want a consumer box and all channels are known that such a receiver could sell if it receives those known channels well.

Reactions: fireball517
UHD is dying. Only UHD feed on satellite is Love Nature on 43w. FOX doesn't even do 4k backhauls anymore . They Upconvert from 1080p

not even... Love Nature 4K was removed from the mux sometime last week :-( (the HD version was still there though)

so as far as I know, the only 4K stuff left that is FTA is NASA on 127W, and maybe some channels on 45W that I can't get from here in the NorthEast.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
NASA is no longer on 45w. I didn't know that about Love Nature, thanks

Love Nature 4K moved to the HD feed. The feeds reversed a few weeks ago and now the HD feed is gone

Love Nature 4K moved to the HD feed. The feeds reversed a few weeks ago and now the HD feed is gone

I don't think so... it says 4K on the logo but my OSMIO4K says it's MPEG4 and 1080 lines resolution, rather than HEVC and 2160, and it still scans in as Love Nature HD.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)