New FTA Setup at Parents' House

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just because it is has been discussed in a thread on Satelliteguys doesn't make it the defacto. :eek: One must consider the type of usage ... I have smoked a pair of jumper cables on a tractor that worked perfectly jump starting an automobile. The failure wasn't because of defective cables, only that I used them incorrectly! :D

Trip has installed a standard FTA receiver with over current protection. The event described in the thread would not happen with a current protected receiver. The biggest issue that Trip needs to be concerned with is the additional signal loss incurred.

We sell flat cables and the supplier indicates that the product is UL listed. We need to be aware of proper useage. Your linked thread makes a very important point regarding the manner that the flat cable was installed. I agree that these cables are not intended to be used in high traffic passages. Installing in a low useage area will provide greater longevity and reduced chance of failure.

Last edited:
Thanks for support. BTW, how were those short cables built? was there in the centre a flat strap of foil, clad with insulator, and surrounded with a mesh of outer shielding conductor? Or, was it made with two separate wires from symmetrical TV cable (used mostly in Europe)? The first design would introduce sort of parasitic capacitor to the cable, and the second - would make it vulnerable to RFI (but, probably, not very harmful). Cheers, polgyver

Have installed both types. Never noted any RF ingress or significant decrease in the Signal Quality, though I would also expect that they would be more susceptible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts