New FTA Turnup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmythejeweler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
MI
Well tomorrow I will attempt to turn up my new system. I got the Pansat 2500A today and the dish is mounted. Now just have to fish the RG6 thru the conduit tomorrow and see what we get. PSB with the dish and LNBF I got from you what should I enter on my sat screen for info? I will be looking at AMC9. I am way new to this so be gentle. Thanks again everyone this place is great!!

Standard/normal Ku LNBF L.O. 10750mhz.

AMC 9 85W.

I do not have a Pansat, but I think someone posted what goes where, I will post it if I come across it here.

My pansat does not have the Amc 9 sat in it's list. So I added it and did a smart scan and no transponders came up. LNB Configuration: Standard/Normal Symbol Range: ? Used full, Polarity: ? Used All. Is there another bird I can try that will be in my list and close to my true south bird? Thanks all.

AMC9 should have been in the list. On the system install the LO should be 10750. I would add the TP I posted above.
System Install
Edit Tp./Sat
New

then when you go into the install, you should be able to get a quality ping on the item I posted.

I'm assuming you have made sure that you have a signal quality before doing a scan, right?

Sounds like you're in the same "place" I was in a couple weeks ago, setting up my FTA system. I'm at 84.19 W in Ohio, probably not too far from your longitude in Michigan. So I wanted to use AMC9 too but there wasn't much if anything on it then (I've since seen the NBC thing myself but couldn't tell you if it was on then).

I ended up using AMC-3 at 87 W. If you're setting up a motor, first get the motor pointing true south at its reference position (0 degrees). Then select AMC-3 in the Antenna Setup screen and move down to "Positioner Setting" and set it to USALS. Press OK and enter your exact coordinates. The 87 for AMC-3 should be left alone (only tweak that as a last resort once you get some kind of quality signal). Select "move", then "store" the location (last menu item) and exit to the previous screen. Move through the available transponders until you get one that looks busy on lyngsat (or verified from somebody here). Now you may have to tweak the dish/lnb to get some quality reading.

If not setting up a motor, then just point the dish at AMC-3's true azimuth from your spot and ignore the USALS stuff above.

AMC3 the best TP to pick is
H

The PBS stuff is AC-3 audio, but gives the best signal

Montan PBS is at 12085 H 4340 but is usually lower

I am going to take the 12in tv and pansat to the roof in a minute tired of climbing up and down. Motor not here yet.

Ahhh ha I got AMC3 locked in and working with 75% quality. Now once I get the motor I remove the dish, add motor and........

Good luck, I just had a 15" TV and my receiver on a wood-like (Sauder) TV cart on my deck, with the brightness and contrast cranked for outdoor viewing while I looked down from my roof. Fortunately, once I properly adjusted everything (mast plumb, true south angle, motor elevation, dish declination) I looked down and had instant quality of 60% :). Never had to tweak, though I probably will hop up there some day soon and play with it a little, move the LNB forward/back/etc.

P.S. Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt on the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...:D

Well I got the motor today and installed it with no problems. Went inside make a couple changes on the pansat and bang scanning birds all over the place. I must Thanks PSB for all his PM help!!!! Thanks to all I am now a FTA geek.

You are welcome Chris! As I said sometime soon you will be helping us with FTA satellite : )

Larry,
Jimmythejeweler got his motor (and Pansat) from someone else not me! Just in case you are wondering, I sent him the Dish and LNBF, I have a few more orders to put in first thing Monday morning and I will be ASKING the status of the motors! Sorry again for the delay, Chris must have got his from someone who bought a LOAD of them last time they were in stock, unfortunately I am not at that level....YET! Thanks again for being so understanding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.