New Genie Mini

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kenneth_Davis

Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
I am in need of a new Genie Mini for my spare bedroom and I called today and am off contract. I hesitate to sign another 2 year contract to just get spend $100 on the new Genie. Does anyone have a way to reach out to a supervisor or someone who can help me? I am almost ready to cancel and go with Cox as they would give me the equipment free. Direct TV make you pay $200 (99 with contract) just to get a receiver that you will also pay $6.00 a month to lease. To me that Double Dipping, especially when I have to give it back in the end... ATT will let me spend $200 on a new phone and only sign up for a new two year agreement but they don't charge me a monthly phone fee, and after 2 years I get to keep the phone... Maybe ATT should make a bid for Direct tV... Any help is greatly appreciated.

RVU option

I was doing some research and I found that I could purchase a Samsung TV and use it as a Mini client. Has anyone had any experience with using a Samsung Smart TV as a RVU client? Is this a good option in which I could sub the Client for a new TV. Need to buy a New TV anyway so It might be worth spending a little more on a TV and not having to sign another 2 year contract.

You'll still be paying $6 a month for the RVU regardless, Plus from what I hear is not to good to go with that option, Did they gave you a free upgrade before? Or did they gave you credits or discount receivers in the past? If not I'll try retention to see what they can do, Just say cancel in the prompt twice until they patch you in.

A Genie Client,wired or wireless,is only $99.00. If you order a wireless client from Directv you'll get the wireless client & wireless video bridge combined for just $99.00(from 3rd parties,both are $99.00 each). If you choose to buy a RVU compliant Samsung,you are paying hundreds to over a thousand dollars for the TV,you'll still need a DECA adapter with power adapter AND you'll still be paying $6.00 a month for the service & I'm sure it's a contract extension anyway.
Do you already have a Genie? If so,& because your contract will be extended no matter what you do,just get a HD DVR(preferably a HR24). It'll cost you around $199.00(cheaper if you order from eBay,but still a lease),which is far cheaper than a Samsung,& you can still watch TV if your Genie should break down,something a client or Samsung TV won't let you do.

Oh,AND :welcome welcome to Satelliteguys. It usually is the consensus of the people here that it is best to avoid getting a client for a second TV(unless you are talking RV),but instead get a HD DVR for the second TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)