New Guy Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillinAtl

Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Hi All:

I'm BillinAtl (Bill Schultz) and I've been a subscriber to Dish Network for many years. I currently have a 942 and a 510 and will soon be changing out the 510 for a 622. I view programming through a Toshiba HDTV.

I think that Dish Network is similar to our system of government - It sucks (until you compare it with all others out there).

I'm probably in the wrong forum to ask this but here goes anyway.

Right now I copy movies to the 510 then over to a DVD recorder and then play them back for my own use on a Sony 200 DVD machine. I understand that soon we will be able to copy programming on an external hard drive that hooks to the 622. This will be great for me because the copying of movies to a DVD isn't an exact science (about half the time the disc sticks or jumps around).

My Question(s)
1. Is it true? (About the hard drive and if so, when?)

2. If and when this happens, what machines will an external hard drive work with (I have heard only a 622)?

3. Will any external hard drive work or will we have to purchase a certain brand or (ugghhhh) purchase them through Dish Network?

I look forward to talking to you.

Glad you found your answers. :welcome to SatelliteGuys.Us

There are many of us impatiently waiting for the External USB HDD support. But good things should come to those who wait! Or at leas that's what I keep telling myself! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)