New guy on the block

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcil143

Original poster
May 23, 2014
Hilo, Hawaii
I'm glad to be a member of Satellite Guys and will be setting up a FTA satellite in Hilo Hawaii in the very near future. I'll be visiting this site for information and discussions on how to sit up my system. Thanks....Aloha, Johnson.

Welcome to Satelliteguys and the True FTA hobby. I'm very interested to see what you are able to receive, especially lower east (west) of 180E.

First sat alignment!!

All the best and keep us posted on your adventure!! :)) Your good friend in Toronto:))

:welcome to Satelliteguys.
A few references:
TheList (on the top of these pages)
www.satbeams.com www.sathint.com and Mpeg2 Central
Don't have any idea what/if you will be able to scan in from satellites further west than 139W.
Do you plan on C band as well as Ku?

Right now everything is new for me...so I don't know what satellites I'm going to pick up? I believe the dish I have is only for Ku. But who knows what the future holds...possibly a C band dish. Thanks for the welcome! jcil143.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

C-band would be fun to play with to get the Pacific region programming that is below the horizon for the mainland!

Thanks for the welcome! I don't know much about C band and am just learning about Ku. Sounds like C band may be the way to go in Hawaii. Aloha jcil143.

Welcome to Satelliteguys and the True FTA hobby. I'm very interested to see what you are able to receive, especially lower east (west) of 180E.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm on a trip to Canada at the moment and as soon as I'm able to set up my Ku system in Hilo I'll be glad to share with you what I find. Aloha, jcil143.

Reactions: T134
Welcome to the site! So what have you got set-up so far? Anything?

Welcome to the site! So what have you got set-up so far? Anything?

I have not set up anything yet. I have a Direct TV dish that was abandon by the company in someone's yard that they want out. So I got it free... it's about four ft in diameter, on a galvanized frame and still have all the coaxial cables, LNB and switching box. The LNB is multi-faced and has ports for four coaxial cables. The switching box has four ports for the four cables from the LNB and six other ports... and I'm guess for the receivers. With the help of a family member who lives in Canada... I got the receiver box, a 10750 linear LNB, Digiwave Satellite Finder and the position for Galaxy 19(elevation=21.8, azimuth magn=92 deg. and the LNB skew =67.1 deg.). When I get back to Hawaii I planed to make a concrete base for the dish to sit on and proceed from there. From here I plan and hope to get as close to the instruction I was told... then see what I get. I understand it may take some fine tuning and may be also some trail and error... but nothing ventured and nothing gained. Thanks for the welcome... Aloha jcil143.

How's that bird in the sky looking. ( Galaxy 19 will look so good on your TV screen when you scan the channels eh! ) Please keep us posted on your adventure on Hilo:) Cheers ( So many sats not enough dishes :oldlaugh )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)